Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Glen Burnie High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- Towson University102Students
- Anne Arundel Community College93Students
- University of Maryland - College Park81Students
- University of Maryland - Baltimore County74Students
- Stevenson University61Students
- Johns Hopkins University51Students
- Salisbury University48Students
- Bowie State University35Students
- Georgetown University30Students
- University of Maryland - University College30Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
- Very Good49
My overall experience at Glen Burnie high school has been an amazing, yet complicated experience. Coming into Glen Burnie as a freshman was so stressful! The school is so big, we have 5 buildings that you have to learn. It wasn't the easiest. Being the biggest school in Anne Arundel county, and being 1 of a little over 2,000 students was crazy. It was actually very very easy to learn. My favorite part of Glen Burnie is the community overall. Yes we have the kids that smoke in the bathroom or the students that can't follow rules to save their lives but when it came to an issue with the school or someone in the school.. the whole student body including the faculty come together as one and work together to solve the issue. We are one big family. Like any other school we have cliques but the thing about Glen Burnie is even though we have cliques, we all get along. We don't exclude anyone no matter their race, ethnicity, what they wear, if their smart or not. That doesn't matter! I would chose this school again because we are a family and no matter what the news, or other schools have to say about us.. we are awesome!
- Recent Alumnus
- Sep 23 2015
Student Involvement with the Athletic system is GREAT! We are dedicated to our team and our school spirit. We go all out for everything especially basketball. Our school is a really big school for basketball. The red and white is all you see when its spirit week and for every game. The fitness programs are very good we have teachers that are coaches and administrators who used to play for our school are great helps to the younger athletes who want to play and become greater players and team players. Team performance is Great to every sport we have everyone plays as a team on and off the court or field. Even in school you see the team growing closer as friends because of them being and growing as a team.
- Niche User
- Dec 6 2013
This school has many ups and downs as expected from such a large school. Educationally, there are classes that are complete jokes or treated as jokes by the teachers and it makes the whole experience worse. But there are also great classes that are fun and very educational. The after school activities are something to admire here, being a part of the dance clubs was the best decision I made. You make a lot of friends in these types of activities, many people do sports or drama and become great friends within those groups. For me, being in dance classes definitely challenged me to become not only a better dancer but to become a better person - and to become something bigger than myself. I would go to this school again if I could do it over, and I'd probably get involved in even more activities.
- High School Senior
- 3 months ago