Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesA+
Glenbrook North High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+287 Students
- A+194 Students
- A125 Students
- A+121 Students
- A+120 Students
- A+116 Students
- A+104 Students
- A88 Students
- A80 Students
- A+80 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Data not available
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.52 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.61 responses
- Very Good153
I could not possibly feel more blessed to have attended Glenbrook North for 3 (going on 4) years. Glenbrook North is immersed in an inclusive, loving, and thriving community. Within the walls of Glenbrook North lies at atmosphere that can not be found anywhere else. Each day I wake up excited, knowing that I will be spending my day with friends, teachers who care about me, and enthusiastic peers. Each year at GBN I have connected with new peers, whether my age, older, or younger, each student at GBN is special and unique. I build my relationships through class work, projects, electives, or even gym classes. GBN cares about their students' health. I take gym each semester for ninety minutes every other day, as well as fitness tests four times each semester. The faculty truly care about their students achieving their highest potential in their best health. I wish that every student could have a high school experience like the one provided by GBN, and I am tremendously blessed!
- 3 months ago
Teachers at Glenbrook North, in the end, want what is best for their students. They push us so we will succeed in the real world and are ready for the next steps in our lives. They engage all students in the classroom and have activities to help understand lessons. Rarely are you just being lectured to and most likely everyone is involved in a lesson and/or discussion. The teachers make themselves very available to meet outside of class whether it be about school work or just need to talk. They care highly about their students and want them to do their best. The grades are consistent and as long as you are putting in the work you will get the grade. Most teachers are very good at communicating with students about upcoming tests, assignments, etc. Overall the teachers at Glenbrook North are some of the best there are!
- High School Senior
- 12 months ago
Glenbrook North is what many consider to be their dream high school, and I am more than thankful to be a part of it. With electives designed to challenge a student's thinking that range from Advanced Business Topics to becoming the next top chef, it's no secret that Glenbrook North is one of the top public high schools in both Illinois and the country. Many clubs at GBN, such as Key Club, also encourage students to create strong bonds with both each other and their community by doing volunteer work that helps improve the everyday conditions of the environment. Some of Glenbrook North's most rigorous classes also provide necessities in the preparation process for college as these courses are very similar to the workload of college courses. Overall, Glenbrook North promotes the strengthening of a small community while at the same time challenging each and every one of it's students to become the best person they can be.
- 3 months ago