Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyA+
- Sports & FitnessA+
- Resources & FacilitiesA+
Glenbrook North High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign287Students
- University of Wisconsin194Students
- Indiana University - Bloomington125Students
- University of Texas - Austin121Students
- Northwestern University120Students
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor116Students
- Vanderbilt University104Students
- University of Iowa88Students
- DePaul University80Students
- Tulane University80Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.52 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.61 responses
- Very Good151
I could not possibly feel more blessed to have attended Glenbrook North for 3 (going on 4) years. Glenbrook North is immersed in an inclusive, loving, and thriving community. Within the walls of Glenbrook North lies at atmosphere that can not be found anywhere else. Each day I wake up excited, knowing that I will be spending my day with friends, teachers who care about me, and enthusiastic peers. Each year at GBN I have connected with new peers, whether my age, older, or younger, each student at GBN is special and unique. I build my relationships through class work, projects, electives, or even gym classes. GBN cares about their students' health. I take gym each semester for ninety minutes every other day, as well as fitness tests four times each semester. The faculty truly care about their students achieving their highest potential in their best health. I wish that every student could have a high school experience like the one provided by GBN, and I am tremendously blessed!
- 3 days ago
This school places incredible emphasis on its students and their well-being. Teachers are incredibly involved and always willing to go the extra mile to help.
- 4 days ago
Glenbrook North is what many consider to be their dream high school, and I am more than thankful to be a part of it. With electives designed to challenge a student's thinking that range from Advanced Business Topics to becoming the next top chef, it's no secret that Glenbrook North is one of the top public high schools in both Illinois and the country. Many clubs at GBN, such as Key Club, also encourage students to create strong bonds with both each other and their community by doing volunteer work that helps improve the everyday conditions of the environment. Some of Glenbrook North's most rigorous classes also provide necessities in the preparation process for college as these courses are very similar to the workload of college courses. Overall, Glenbrook North promotes the strengthening of a small community while at the same time challenging each and every one of it's students to become the best person they can be.
- 8 days ago