Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Grady High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+236 Students
- B+205 Students
- A-95 Students
- A+92 Students
- A+87 Students
- A+81 Students
- B+71 Students
- A-70 Students
- A+66 Students
- B-55 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.51 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.52 responses
- Very Good105
Though many teachers and authoritative figures aren't particularly supportive towards students, there are enough staff that genuinely care about the student population and make the school much more bearable. The culture that has emerged from Grady is truly phenomenal and there's enough support of the non-traditional approach that many students have. Grady is a very "artsy" school and emphasizes students being able to showcase their thoughts and emotions, but not every teacher honors this idea. Honestly, I wouldn't want to attend any other school because Grady has a lot of passion and spirit behind everything we do.
- High School Senior
- 6 months ago
My time at Grady High was okay. My favorite aspect of Grady was how they did a good job of preparing you for high school. The College and Career Center is very helpful in aiding students with the various aspects of the college application process, and the counselors were helpful in making sure you are meeting your high school requirements and informing you of the different options you have. Also, the honors and AP classes were taught by knowledgeable teachers, for the most part. There also a lot of different successful clubs here. The administration was awful, while the food and school culture were meh.
- 4 months ago
I love Grady! It is about who you hang out with, however, and who you choose to be. Grady is a place where you truly become who you want to become; it is up to you how your experience is here. (tip: join clubs) In general, our population is intelligent, active and passionate about our activities. We are accepting with a fairly large LBGTQ community, and people dress and act to suit there fancy. Sometimes, it may seem a bit unruly or underfunded, but everyone who graduates truly loves something about Grady.
- High School Senior
- Dec 7 2015