Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Sports & FitnessB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- California State University - Sacramento246Students
- University of California - Davis140Students
- American River College126Students
- California State University - Chico113Students
- University of California - Los Angeles84Students
- Sacramento City College70Students
- University of California - Merced70Students
- University of California - Santa Barbara69Students
- University of California - Berkeley65Students
- University of California - Santa Cruz61Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
- Very Good104
Grant union high school is such a great school. Its academics are phenomenal and the teachers make sure that students are ready for college. The staff really seems like they care about their students and everyone at this school is like a family. Family envolvement is also a really big thing and everyone helps everyone.
- 2 days ago
Grant Union High School is a wonderful school. They give students so many opportunities about college. Our counselors will never give up on us. They will do their very best to push us to graduate and go to college. That's what I love about Grant. They never gave up on us. What I really want to change in Grant is their campus. I understand that it's a big campus but it's dirty. There's just a lot of littering. That's one thing I hope that Grant can change to make their campus clean and beautiful again.
- 8 days ago
Throughout high school my academics have been encouraged continuously. My school takes high initiative in providing opportunities for it's low income community's students to strive for and achieve success. If it wasn't for my school's amazing faculty and Advanced Placement curriculum, I would not have became the academically competent and strong individual I am today. The school itself, although it has a bad reputation for being ghetto, is one of the best schools a person developing into adulthood can attend.
- 10 days ago