Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B246 Students
- A140 Students
- C+126 Students
- B+113 Students
- A+84 Students
- C70 Students
- B+70 Students
- A+69 Students
- A+65 Students
- A-61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Data not available
Boys Athletic Participation
Data not available
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
- Very Good105
Throughout high school my academics have been encouraged continuously. My school takes high initiative in providing opportunities for it's low income community's students to strive for and achieve success. If it wasn't for my school's amazing faculty and Advanced Placement curriculum, I would not have became the academically competent and strong individual I am today. The school itself, although it has a bad reputation for being ghetto, is one of the best schools a person developing into adulthood can attend.
- 3 months ago
UC Davis is definitely a great school. It's location has good neighborhoods and has a really good vibe and environment. I can tell many people care for their city. This school is filled with open minded and friendly people. The education system is also great. There's always help when you need it. I think the reason why I wouldn't rate it the best is because of my personal likings. I knew about Davis and been around there since I was a little girl. I didn't live in Davis but I had family who attended Davis before I did. So I guess I wanted new experiences and sights which would bring me to much more excitement. Other than that, Davis is awesome! Go Ags!
- Niche User
- Aug 2 2015
The academics at Grant are challenging yet an advantage. Students aren't just given the privilege to take various advanced classes but they're also offered after school tutoring if they have trouble learning the material. Just like students are able to give their effort when it comes to managing doing homework, playing sports, and even working outside of school, teachers do their part by putting in extra of their time to make sure their students succeed.
- High School Senior
- 4 months ago