Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Greeley West High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Northern Colorado145Students
- Colorado State University128Students
- University of Colorado - Boulder91Students
- Aims Community College88Students
- University of Denver44Students
- University of Colorado - Denver40Students
- University of Texas - Austin29Students
- University of Wyoming25Students
- Metropolitan State University of Denver23Students
- University of Wisconsin23Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
- Very Good36
The diversity of the student population is amazing. The problem is that groups don't mix very often. If you're willing to branch out and try new activities, you'll meet many interesting people who are very different from you. If not, then you won't. Your experience is totally dependent on with whom you choose to surround yourself. There are super involved kids that are in every club, there are the jocks, there are the kids who congregate on "smoker's corner", there are the rich kids, etc. If you appreciate diversity, this is the place for you! Unfortunately, racism is a big problem here.
- High School Senior
- June 26 2014
Most teacher are very passionate about teaching us and you can tell because of their willingness to tutor and give one on one help for kids. The administration is also very involved and passionate. They are supportive at every game they attend! Even though our school is a little low on funding, our school spirit shines though all we do!
- High School Junior
- 12 months ago
Greeley West provides students with the resources to go beyond the norm in academics, arts, and athletics. It is nationally recognized as an Avid Demonstration School as well as a member of the International Baccalaureate Program. There is a Newcomers Program which is devoted to helping immigrants become accustomed to the United States. Greeley West is the best school to learn about the world around you, challenge yourself, and be surrounded with people who push you to reach your full potential. I would choose to be a part of Greeley West's International Baccalaureate Program a hundred times if I had to do it over again. Challenging myself with such amazing, intellectual individuals was the best decision I have ever made.
- Niche User
- June 15 2015