Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Grimsley High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+199 Students
- A149 Students
- B+107 Students
- B+100 Students
- B+92 Students
- A-91 Students
- B+67 Students
- B+62 Students
- A+58 Students
- A+43 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.55 responses
- Very Good146
I love this school! The student life is great. There are different heritages at this school so there is always something different going on. The school also opens up to the community to hold events. This school is the first public high school to be established in Guilford County, NC. The school has traditions that it holds every year. Athletics are very popular to the students, staff, and parents. The football games is the place to be on Friday nights. The academics is one of the best in the county. This school prepares its students for college, the campus is also set up like a miniature college campus.
- High School Senior
- 9 months ago
There is a large variety of extracurricular opportunities for students in varying areas of interest. In terms of the arts, Grimsley Playmasters puts on various plays throughout the school year that any student can audition for, blue. Grimsley's literary magazine allows students to submit creative writing and have it published, and pinterest club allows students to create various crafts posted on pinterest with the guidance of fellow students. In terms of more left brained activities, clubs like Science Olympiad involves students studying specific scientific subjects and then competing in a competition against fellow highschoolers in a test of knowledge of that subject, and Quiz Bowl offers a jeopardy like setting where students test their knowledge of history and eventually compete in competitions. Thus students of all interests will be able to be active in the various organizations at Grimsley. Athletics is something all students could participate in as well, with both Junior Varsity and Varsity levels, those who love being active and competing will be able to showcase their talents at Grimsley. In regards to funding, all clubs, especially athletics, are well supported, with the presence of booster clubs on campus to raise money for sports teams and the PTA putting on markets and selling "whirlie wear" to raise money for other non-athletic clubs. Because most clubs are after school, Grimsley offers late buses to all students who may be staying after for a club but cannot obtain a ride. This makes the possibility for after school activities and school participation realistic for all students
- High School Senior
- Dec 29 2015
In my opinion, I think Grimsley is one of the best schools in our county. There's a lot of diversity, which is somewhat hard to see in other schools in our area, as well as challenging courses that prepares us for the future, such as the rigorous workload of AP and IB. People from all backgrounds are generally accepted, and it's not hard making friends or finding a peer that has the same interests as you. There are a lot of clubs that suffice our wants and passions, such as Science Olympiad, Key Club, or the Anime and Multi-cultural club, just to name a few.
- 20 days ago