Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Sports & FitnessB+
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Grimsley High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill199Students
- North Carolina State University149Students
- University of North Carolina - Greensboro107Students
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte100Students
- University of North Carolina - Wilmington92Students
- Appalachian State University91Students
- East Carolina University67Students
- North Carolina A&T State University62Students
- Duke University58Students
- Wake Forest University43Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.55 responses
- Very Good144
The overall experience in terms of education was excellent most of the time. The school offers very difficult courses that really challenge students to think critically and learn about important concepts. Most of the teachers at Grimsley have years of experience and excel at getting their lessons across to students and are very helpful if a student is having trouble with the material. If there were one thing I would change about Grimsley is its equipment. The school really looks rundown and old in some areas and most classes that I have taken part in have very old books or projectors that have a lot of technical issues.
- 3 days ago
I've generally enjoyed my experience at this school. The teachers have, for the most part, provided an engaging education. The academic competition encouraged me to push myself.
- 18 days ago
My overall experience at this school is that it has been great, there are many clubs, classes, athletic teams to join. What makes this school unique is that the school has meaningful historic roots that are fascinating. The first African American graduated from Grimsley high. One thing that I appreciate at Grimsley is that they give the students the ability to grow and obtain leadership roles , such as making their own clubs.
- High School Senior
- 30 days ago