Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Halifax County High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- Virginia Commonwealth University91Students
- Old Dominion University67Students
- Virginia Tech63Students
- James Madison University57Students
- Radford University56Students
- Liberty University51Students
- University of Virginia49Students
- Longwood University46Students
- George Mason University38Students
- Averett University37Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
- Very Good42
Great teachers and education programs. Love the on campus college credit courses! School lunch does need some work, but students are given a lot of options. Teachers are willing to stay late and help students. Parents are interactive within the school. Clubs and teams are well organized and fun.
- 29 days ago
Most of my teachers at Halifax County High School were extremely interested in the topics they were teaching and seemed to have a strong drive to educate. Technology was not endorsed in many of my classes throughout ninth and tenth grade, but it slowly made a more prominent appearance in my later years of attendance. Many of my teachers did not want to use the technology our administration attempted to enforce. Halifax County High seems to lack in engaging lessons because a lot of teachers are too focused on fitting in all of the material necessary for their students to past standardized tests occurring at the end of each core class. Overall, I believe the teachers in Halifax County High are okay. I was able to retain the knowledge I need to take with me to my future college classes.
- Niche User
- 6 months ago
There are a wide variety of extracurricular opportunities at this school. Different clubs dealing with foreign languages and other aspects of career choices (FBLA, FFA, etc.) are offered at this school. These organizations make efforts to create great opportunities for its members.
- Niche User
- 5 months ago