Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Hamilton High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A771 Students
- A-491 Students
- B+357 Students
- B+162 Students
- B160 Students
- A+139 Students
- A+109 Students
- A+101 Students
- A+80 Students
- A-78 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.99 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.99 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.94 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.93 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.94 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.145 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.145 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.145 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.153 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.153 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.153 responses
- Very Good399
Hamilton is a really great school! There are so many different clubs and opportunities for all kinds of people. We have award winning arts, theatre, science, math and sports programs. We're the #1 comprehensive high school in Arizona. I wouldn't want to go to any other school in Arizona. However, it is very sports-focused, especially during football season. Many of the football players are not very nice and even if they literally never play, they still treat other students like dirt for now being on the team. That being said, there are opportunities for everyone, so you just have to avoid the jerks. Additionally, the school security don't pay enough attention to blatantly obvious drug deals and super drunk kids at school and spend most of their time yelling at girls for exposing a quarter inch of their shoulders -- the horror! But overall I like Hamilton and could not imagine graduating from any other high school.
- High School Senior
- Aug 30 2015
If I had to do it all over again, I would definitely choose Hamilton. My school provides a very academically rigorous yet welcoming environment to all of the student body. There are tons of way to make ones high school career worthwhile such as our well known varsity sports teams, clubs, or even the reputable fine arts department. Hamilton also offers a very diverse population and it is possible to associate with people from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures. However, without a doubt, the best thing about Hamilton would have to be the faculty. The teachers, coaches, and directors are all united under the common goal of guiding students to perform the best they can whether that be in the classroom, sports field, or auditorium. The majority of them aim to challenge students, but at the same time are always there to lend a helping hand. There is a reason our school is nationally ranked among the best high schools in the US. Go Huskies!
- High School Senior
- Aug 11 2015
The teachers are great and are there to help you succeed. However, the environment in on level classes is terrible. The people coming out of those classes will not be ready for the real world at all. The top students at out school are also involved in this rank game, and they do not realize that there is a balance between having a high rank and also doing things outside of school. That being said, our school has an amazing selection of extracurricular activities for every kind of student. Overall, I love my school due to its large population, large diversity, and the large number of choices we have. If I could go back and choose this school again, I definitely would!
- High School Junior
- Sep 27 2015