Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Hamilton Southeastern High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- Indiana University - Bloomington304Students
- Ball State University211Students
- Purdue University196Students
- Indiana University-Purdue University - Indianapolis (IUPUI)181Students
- Butler University90Students
- Indiana State University59Students
- Ohio State University55Students
- Indiana Wesleyan University52Students
- University of Kentucky50Students
- Vanderbilt University47Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.50 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.90 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.90 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.90 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.93 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.93 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.93 responses
- Very Good233
The sports and fitness opportunities at Hamilton Southeastern High School are great! There is a large pool, a nice track and a new, large weight room available for all students. Most sports are offered as a varsity sport and if not, they are offered as a club or intermeral sport. I would say that most students are athletes or in the stands at several games. Each team has great chemistry and awesome coaches! Hamilton Southeastern students are at every game cheering on the teams. We have a great school spirit! Our athletic directors and trainers are very involved and well known throughout the school. They make it a point to get to know the students. Aside from sports, sports medical classes and advanced gym classes are offered.
- High School Senior
- May 6 2013
I believe the school is safe, although it could be safer (like I'm sure is true with most schools). They have local police present every day, but I'm not sure where they are at any given time. You have to buzz in to get access to the school, but if someone else is walking in, I've seen many parents walk in behind them. I think school safety is just as much a parent obligation as it is a school obligation! The school is very strict about students having vaccinations before being allowed in school and there are policies in place to eliminate the spread of illnesses. My son knows where to go in the case of a tornado, if someone enters the school with a gun, etc., so I feel the school does a good job at keeping the students safe.
- Sep 25 2014
It's hard to answer this because I only know what my son is involved with. He plays volleyball and it's considered a club sport. It's very difficult to get any teacher involvement because they are not paid as much as a school sport for their time. That frustrates me a lot! As for the snowboard and ski club, it seems to be great and the clubs my son's friends are in seem to be pretty good also. I guess it all depends on who you ask and how involved their child is.
- Sep 25 2014