Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+239 Students
- A+185 Students
- B+154 Students
- B-134 Students
- A-116 Students
- A-103 Students
- A100 Students
- B91 Students
- A-84 Students
- B75 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.42 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.42 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.48 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.65 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.75 responses
- Very Good160
The teachers at Harker Heights High School are pretty great! I have run into a few teachers that need to be evaluated more carefully, but overall the learning environment is top notch. One thing that Harker Heights High School teachers need to improve on is their motivation. If the teacher teaches and looks like they don't want to be at school, the students will most likely feel the same. Some teachers don't motivate their students as much as others because they don't take time to listen to their students and their background. Harker Heights High School overall is a GREAT school for higher learning and extracurricular activities.
- High School Sophomore
- 8 months ago
I love being a Harker Heights Knight! I live in a great community with parents, teachers, local businesses and a council that hugely supports my school and its sports teams, clubs and organizations. There is plenty community involvement at every event we host and Harker Heights students can always be seen attending or volunteering at these. Volunteerism and community involvement is greatly encourage at my school and helps to bring the City of Harker Heights closer together. We also have the best teachers and test scores in the district and amazing sports teams!
- High School Senior
- 11 months ago
I transferred to Harker Heights because it was the only school in my district that offered an orchestra program. Although the program is mediocre at best, I do acknowledge the fact that Harker Heights High School has the best education in the district. When I compare the repertoire of Heights students with students from other schools from my district at the Temple Bioscience Institute (which only admits the top students from each school to earn college credit at Temple College), I am often alarmed by the gap. However, compared to the other schools, Heights lacks school spirit and influential clubs. I feel that there is no sense of union in the school itself.
- 28 days ago