Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Heritage High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- Liberty University64Students
- Lynchburg College61Students
- Virginia Tech61Students
- Virginia Commonwealth University60Students
- James Madison University50Students
- University of Virginia46Students
- Central Virginia Community College45Students
- Old Dominion University42Students
- George Mason University40Students
- Radford University34Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
- Very Good41
After-school activities include athletics, forensics, theater, national honor society and different clubs. There are many clubs like safe driving club, grief support club ,and Rachel's challenge club. My favorite club is Rachel's challenge club because it promotes Rachel's dream of a kind, competent, and well mannered American community. English department teachers administer forensic and ace. Brilliant students have opportunity to participate in debates and quizzes competitions to show their intelligence.
- High School Senior
- 11 months ago
Administration at Heritage is more concerned with keeping students off their cell phones and making sure girls cover their shoulders, than they are about protecting students from bullying and keeping kids in school. Girls are not allowed to wear tank tops, low cut shirts, leggings, yoga pants, shorts, skirts above the knees, etc. I see nothing being done about bullying. Students don't come to school? Well we will wait until it's been like 20 days, then give them in school suspension. When they don't come to ISS, we will finally call their parents. It's ridiculous.
- Niche User
- Mar 1 2015
I was extremely involved in clubs at Heritage and they're the best. From football to GSA, there's a lot you can get involved in. My favorites were DECA, Community Relations, Classic Film Critic Society, FCS, French Club, Rachel's Eagles, and Thespian's Society (though Ms. O -or whatever her name is now, that she's married- can be really unpleasant if you aren't one of her favorites). There are tons of clubs, so one is bound to pique your interest. Each club has lots of leadership opportunities, as well. If you can't find a club you like, you can start your own. There's no reason why you shouldn't get involved. It's a great way to make friends, and looks great on college applications.
- Niche User
- Feb 7 2014