Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Sports & FitnessB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Highland High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- Arizona State University522Students
- University of Arizona298Students
- Northern Arizona University289Students
- Grand Canyon University135Students
- Brigham Young University134Students
- Chandler-Gilbert Community College128Students
- Mesa Community College96Students
- Brigham Young University - Idaho67Students
- University of California - Los Angeles58Students
- Stanford University56Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.59 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.101 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.101 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.101 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.109 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.109 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.109 responses
- Very Good307
I loved the safe environment, yet disliked the under funding. For instance, bathrooms were extremely grimy and lacked soap and toilet paper. There were also over filled classrooms due to teacher leaves, not enough computers in the labs, etc. Many of these were distracting to the already disrespectful students. The children and adults of Gilbert lack the ability to think out of the box, and speak out. Instead of expressing concerns about misunderstandings in class, students would rather complain to peers or parents concerning their education and why they don't understand. On the other hand, teachers are extremely underpaid and seemingly too exhausted to contain a classes noise level. This combination creates an environment that continues to bring chaos. Many great and creative classes are offered fortunately, unfortunately it seems students do not know the required classes to graduate, and get easily distracted by these great elective courses.
- 7 days ago
I LOVE my experience I have had at Highland High. I have such a love for the music program that I Am able to be apart of. The experience and opportunities I have been able to be involved in are abnormal for high school orchestras. The orchestra program becomes family, and that "Highland Orchestra Family" started in 7th grade orchestra at Highland Junior. The repertoire we are able to play at the end of the year is astounding; experiences I know I may not have to the opportunity to be apart of. The head of the music program is Bill Bitter, a pure genius in music. A man who has taught at Highland since it opened. We would not be what we are without him. Go Hawks!
- 11 days ago
I loved Highland. The students are really one big family if you choose to include yourself. The memories I made there were unforgettable. The change I would like to see is the overall appearance of the school. It could definitely use more green throughout the campus.
- 18 days ago