Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB-
- Sports & FitnessB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Hillcrest High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- Brigham Young University - Idaho108Students
- Idaho State University102Students
- Utah State University75Students
- Boise State University66Students
- Brigham Young University61Students
- University of Idaho48Students
- University of Utah45Students
- Western Washington University24Students
- University of Montana20Students
- College of Southern Idaho19Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
- Very Good81
The school's crowded and lacks diversity. The teachers for the most part don't really put in more effort than they have to, and the student government is always the same kinds of people- the wealthy, entitled, "popular" folk who feel like they waste time around those without their "status". The cafeteria serves the same kind of food year-round, with a plastic cup filled with sugary, syrupy strawberries being a staple. The administration recently refused to hire a fully qualified female Drama teacher who had put in her heart and soul into directing a whole musical for the students of Hillcrest ("Fiddler on the Roof" ) while permanently subbing at the school in place of our former Drama teacher who had been caught doing illegal activities. Why? Why didn't they hire this fully qualified, degree-displaying, relatable woman who had already formed bonds with the students? Because the guy the administration "chose" was close friends with the principal. Favoritism at its worst.
- 10 days ago
I like Hillcrest because I feel that I have been prepared for college because we are required to do things like write college essays. I think that these things benefit me and will help me latter on down the road.
- 15 days ago
I was an honors/AP student and an athlete and treated badly because I was higher ranked then the mormon students. I was bullied all four years because I wasn't mormon. Don't let them fool you; mormons are mean and cruel. I am a christian, but the administration, teachers, and students treated me horribly because I was not mormon.
- Niche User
- 1 month ago