Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Hillcrest High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B108 Students
- C+102 Students
- B+75 Students
- B-66 Students
- A+61 Students
- B48 Students
- A-45 Students
- B+24 Students
- B20 Students
- B-19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
- Very Good83
Most teachers do the minimum they need to do, but are friendly and interested in the students. Other teachers don't understand what they are teaching, and therefore cant teach it to the students. Then there are the teachers who go above and beyond to not only make sure their students understand what is being taught, but to also let the students know that whatever they are going through they are their to help! My school had a variety of each of these teachers.
- High School Senior
- 5 months ago
The school's crowded and lacks diversity. The teachers for the most part don't really put in more effort than they have to, and the student government is always the same kinds of people- the wealthy, entitled, "popular" folk who feel like they waste time around those without their "status". The cafeteria serves the same kind of food year-round, with a plastic cup filled with sugary, syrupy strawberries being a staple. The administration recently refused to hire a fully qualified female Drama teacher who had put in her heart and soul into directing a whole musical for the students of Hillcrest ("Fiddler on the Roof" ) while permanently subbing at the school in place of our former Drama teacher who had been caught doing illegal activities. Why? Why didn't they hire this fully qualified, degree-displaying, relatable woman who had already formed bonds with the students? Because the guy the administration "chose" was close friends with the principal. Favoritism at its worst.
- 3 months ago
Drama club at this school is the best! By participating in plays and musicals, it really enhances a student's learning abilities and helps them to engage socially. Spanish club is another great option because it gives students the chance and opportunity to learn and understand a different language and culture. Opening up different paths that students can take is a great way for them to be smart about life.
- Niche User
- 12 months ago