Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC+
- Sports & FitnessB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Hunter High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Utah389Students
- Salt Lake Community College264Students
- Utah State University214Students
- Utah Valley University170Students
- Weber State University121Students
- Southern Utah University113Students
- Westminster College - Utah93Students
- Brigham Young University87Students
- Dixie State University63Students
- Snow College59Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.69 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.73 responses
- Very Good150
I've always been the student who was exited to learn. Nothing's changed, the teachers at Hunter have helped me expand and grow as an individual and as a class. I went to a charter school my junior year and I didn't like it, Hunter was so accepting when my parents and I went to go register for my senior year. It's a great school.
- 6 days ago
The teachers are great! The students have a lot of school pride and love to show it! They helped me through a lot during my four years there and prepared me for collage life.
- 9 days ago
Personally I like the school. There is a lot of freedom in terms of off campus lunches and class choosing. Most of the teachers are really nice and the diversity of students is great. A large downside to this school however is that the hallways are very crowded in between classes and it is hard to get to class in a timely manner. I would also like to see more college help and awareness. Don't get me wrong, they staff tries really hard to push students to apply and go to college, but not many people show up to the college nights they hold and unless you are a part of the AVID program there isn't a big push for applying and touring various universities.Unfortunately Hunter High has kind of a bad reputation but after being there for 3 years I can honestly say the reputation is unjustified and it is a good school overall.
- 11 days ago