Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC-
- Sports & FitnessC+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Jo Johnson High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- Alabama A&M University57Students
- University of Alabama44Students
- University of Alabama - Birmingham26Students
- University of Alabama - Huntsville25Students
- J.F. Drake State Technical College24Students
- Tuskegee University22Students
- Alabama State University21Students
- Calhoun Community College21Students
- Vanderbilt University20Students
- Tennessee State University19Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
- Very Good25
What makes this school unique is that its diverse. The atmosphere around is comforting, your teachers actually care about you and your education. The teachers will stay at the school with you for hours if they're available they really want you to have a brighter future.
- High School Senior
- 2 months ago
At Johnson you become apart of a "huge family," because this school has a outstanding legacy in Huntsville, Al. Before I came to this school I went to a school in North Carolina, and the experience is completely different. This school is truly like a family, because their is a caring atmosphere. The people are nice, the teachers/administrators are caring, and outside parents are supportive. The J O J alumni are all over this city, and help the school with whatever it needs. This school is so unique, because of the legacy it carries. It has been around for many years, and has given a lot of people hope. Many examples show that you can make it out of this city, and be very successful. The entire staff pushes you to go to college, and the school has introduced an outstanding program. It's called the "Cap and Gown Project," and it plays a very important part in this school. Many teachers came together to form this group, and a lot of the students joined. They take students out of town, and to various different college campuses. If I could, I would go to this school all over again. I would take the same teachers, make the same friends, and participate in the same activities. Besides...I am the last of a great legacy.
- Recent Alumnus
- 5 months ago
There is no support from the parents.
- High School Junior
- 7 months ago