Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC
- Sports & FitnessB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
John L. Leflore Preparatory Academy Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of South Alabama98Students
- University of Alabama - Birmingham61Students
- Alabama A&M University54Students
- University of Alabama50Students
- Alabama State University40Students
- Bishop State Community College40Students
- Auburn University39Students
- Spring Hill College35Students
- Tuskegee University32Students
- Auburn University - Montgomery31Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
- Very Good24
Overall, my experience at Leflore High School has been great. The teachers and staff are very helpful. One teacher in particular I will always remember. Ms. Debra Williams teaches 11th grade English and she taught me more about writing than all my previous english teachers. Because of her, I am a better writer. Because of Leflore I am a well rounded person, comfortable in my own skin and confident.
- 17 days ago
The teachers try to make high school as enjoyable as they can, plus most of the staff are Alumi.
- Niche User
- 4 months ago
What is so unique about my alma mater is that the media constantly tries to slander our name but no matter how hard the people label us as "reckless" , we have yet to be listed as a failing school of MCPSS. Every other mostly African-American school in my county has been listed as a failin school, meaning their ACT scores are not where they should be and that the students at those schools are not college ready. My favorite experience so far as a student a Leflore would be the classes that I have taken. They have prepared me for college.(AP/Honors/DUALEnrollment) I would totally chose this school again if I could because not only are we a institution, we are a rattler family. And the teachers and counselors as well as administrators put the importance of the student body first .
- High School Senior
- 5 months ago