Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Katy High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+206 Students
- A+188 Students
- A-149 Students
- B+125 Students
- A-120 Students
- B115 Students
- A93 Students
- A+67 Students
- A-62 Students
- B+61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.44 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.62 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.67 responses
- Very Good146
My experience at Katy High School has been a good one. I have made tons of memories that will never be forgotten. This school is like no other in the KatyISD school district because it's based on tons of tradition. The reason for this is because it was the first school in Katy, Texas and was founded in 1898. Of course the school has been remodeled over time, it still holds the same "tradition of excellence" as in the past. Here football is everything! KHS has won 7 state football championship titles and continues working towards the legacy. The softball team, track, and cross country teams have gone to state as well. Apart from sports, academics and clubs have been successful as well. Students at my school challenge themselves and strive to accomplish more than they think. Everyone here from the students to the teachers, take pride in the school and the many accomplishments we continue to work towards.
- High School Junior
- Oct 18 2015
All of the teachers at Katy High School are very engaged with the students with everything that we are involved in. When walking into the classrooms you can see how the teachers incorporate technology and real-world situations when teaching the students. All subjects are very interesting and all take time to grasp, but the students and teachers never give up and always find a way to figure it out. Every student has there strong suit in certain subjects but at Katy there is all types of subjects and extracurricular classes that every student will find engaging. Grading processes are very neat and technological, students have there own account and other resources to check there grades, attendance, and upcoming test and quizzes. All Teachers notify there students on updated grade changes and new grades being put in the grade book, but over all communication from the teachers to students about grades are excellent.
- High School Junior
- 5 months ago
I really liked this school. Katy has a great athletic program and If thats not your thing there are plenty of other ways to get involved. There is great tradition and I made great friends. The size of the school takes some getting used to if you move from a small town. My grad class was over 500 at Katy and the the other school I would have gone to before moving was only 60, so that requires some adjusting. They offer duel credit and AP classes which help with college credit. Some of the classes are challenging but it prepares you for the real world. Katy is a highly respected and great school. Go Tigers!
- Niche User
- Nov 5 2015