Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Katy High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- Texas A&M University206Students
- University of Texas - Austin188Students
- University of Houston149Students
- Texas State University125Students
- Texas Tech University120Students
- Sam Houston State University115Students
- Baylor University93Students
- Rice University67Students
- Texas Christian University62Students
- Stephen F Austin State University61Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.62 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.67 responses
- Very Good145
My experience at Katy High School has been a good one. I have made tons of memories that will never be forgotten. This school is like no other in the KatyISD school district because it's based on tons of tradition. The reason for this is because it was the first school in Katy, Texas and was founded in 1898. Of course the school has been remodeled over time, it still holds the same "tradition of excellence" as in the past. Here football is everything! KHS has won 7 state football championship titles and continues working towards the legacy. The softball team, track, and cross country teams have gone to state as well. Apart from sports, academics and clubs have been successful as well. Students at my school challenge themselves and strive to accomplish more than they think. Everyone here from the students to the teachers, take pride in the school and the many accomplishments we continue to work towards.
- High School Junior
- Oct 18 2015
What makes Katy High School unique is -by far- the culture and atmosphere of our varsity football games. As a member of the band, I get to firsthand experience everything that makes Katy football what it is. Every game (whether that be at home, in the rain, or at the Cowboy's stadium in Dallas) a sea of red follows us in the stands. Our team is frequently televised and we have had our mascot fly into a state bound pep rally on a helicopter! Katy High School is overall very supportive of extracurricular activities and prides it's self on tradition.
- Niche User
- July 5 2015
I really liked this school. Katy has a great athletic program and If thats not your thing there are plenty of other ways to get involved. There is great tradition and I made great friends. The size of the school takes some getting used to if you move from a small town. My grad class was over 500 at Katy and the the other school I would have gone to before moving was only 60, so that requires some adjusting. They offer duel credit and AP classes which help with college credit. Some of the classes are challenging but it prepares you for the real world. Katy is a highly respected and great school. Go Tigers!
- Niche User
- Nov 5 2015