Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC+
- Sports & FitnessC
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Kofa High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Arizona278Students
- Arizona Western College270Students
- Arizona State University253Students
- Northern Arizona University239Students
- Grand Canyon University90Students
- San Diego State University64Students
- University of San Diego40Students
- University of Texas - Austin32Students
- University of Advancing Technology31Students
- University of California - Los Angeles27Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.57 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.57 responses
- Very Good102
Academically the courses are not as demanding as I would have liked, with the exception of AP classes which are much better at preparing students for college. I just wish there were more of these classes available. I personally disliked the Cambridge curriculum I just felt a lot was left out in order to follow it. Sports and clubs are what made the experience of high school one of the best. It is what helps one develop and make new friends while doing things you enjoy. If anything I just wish I had more time in order to participate in everything that was available. School doesn't seem like much and all we want is for it to end but now that I am close to leaving I realize how much I will miss my high school, especially those teachers that were always there for their students. There are many teachers who were not there because they had to but because they wanted and truly cared about their students and I am simply grateful for having the chance to learn and interact with them.
- 17 days ago
During my time at Kofa High School I have had the great opportunity to participate in many programs and volunteer projects with the help from my teachers and counselors. I joined AP classes to challenge my skills and abilities as a student throughtout the four years and joined HOSA and Skills-USA. I did countless volunteer hours for my Sports-Medicine program and Business Leadership Internship program as well. I would definitely return to this high school because of it's welcoming atmosphere from the teachers, counselors, and security. Moreover, the environment on camous is beautiful and shows the student's involvement in various clubs, for example, the mosaic tile made from ceramics 1 and 2 students with the help of the ceramic teacher and administration allowing the students to hang in front of the auditorium.
- Niche User
- 3 months ago
The reason I would never go back and change my mind about attending this school is because I wouldn't want to go anywhere else. This school has become a second home to me and has left me with many experiences that will be with me for the rest of my life. I have been apart of my school's football program since I started my high school career. Being apart of this program has changed my life completely, I don't know what i would have done without football, it has taught me lessons that I apply on the field and as well as my life in general. What makes my school unique though is the amount of new people I've met over the last three years, my school (Kofa) has students coming from the city it is in, Yuma, AZ, and a small neighboring town, Somerton, AZ.
- High School Senior
- 4 months ago