Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Lake Mary High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-375 Students
- A236 Students
- A+221 Students
- A-141 Students
- C112 Students
- A+103 Students
- B101 Students
- C+82 Students
- B+69 Students
- A68 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.44 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.44 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.54 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.76 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.55 responses
- Very Good181
At LMHS, I've always felt a sense of kinship with the school and everyone in it. Our principal is very caring and loves the school dearly, and he treats every student with kindness and respect, greeting them as they walk by in the hall. He is sure to go above and beyond with anything, and he makes sure we are always prepared. For example, the entire school had to do a practice FSA last year before taking the real thing, and when I talked to a friend who went to Seminole High School, she told me they weren't doing the practice. Most of the kids around me were upset by this, naturally, but I was elated with the fact that I was given the opportunity to test my strengths and weaknesses so I could kill that actual test. My school is one huge family, and I wouldn't trade my four years here for anything. Go Rams!
- High School Junior
- Jan 14 2016
My experience at Lake Mary High School was.. Interesting to say the least, unfortunately. After every year of my attendance, the school became progressively worse in my opinion. The new teachers they hired couldn't began to teach even the most devout students, the food was barely edible, the school funding was spent recklessly, the students had absolutely no say in anything; the administration acted as one absolute monarch. The list is endless. Beginning from some of the worst kept facilities, the amount of theft, the intolerance of others cultures, obvious racial & ignorant issues spilling from the mouths of the predominantly white students.. It was all a mess. I will say I am sad to depart, but still elated. This high school is wasteful & disappointing. The school became my home, but reluctantly. I am saddened to report that due to the significant amount of discrepancies applicable to this school I have to rate it as one of the worst high schools in the district.
- 3 months ago
I am a Senior Class Representative and have been very involved with the school since my Freshmen year. Although the school has given me a good stance towards college admissions and testing, it has also taken a lot. The building is still very outdated and you can easily see that it was built in the 70s-80s, the cafeteria food is not appetizing as the food is obviously meant for mass production and not keeping quality or taste as a priority. The teachers are good, but many seem to put their emotions ahead of the classes ability and seem to forget that we are able to take care of ourselves because some teachers are very oppressive. In terms of diversity, the school has recently had a minor rezone which allowed a decent portion of Sanford students whom were originally zoned for Seminole High to attend Lake Mary, in turn, the school has dropped from an A+ school from my freshman to junior year, to a B- school in terms of academics.
- 1 month ago