Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Sports & FitnessA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Lake Norman High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- North Carolina State University136Students
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill112Students
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte111Students
- Appalachian State University95Students
- University of North Carolina - Wilmington89Students
- University of South Carolina82Students
- East Carolina University69Students
- Clemson University41Students
- Duke University37Students
- Wake Forest University36Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
- Very Good114
Lake Norman is an overall good school. I enjoy going there. The classes are good and the teacher are ok. There's a lot of students there and most of them are ok. Their football team is awesome! We are currently 8-0!! I feel like they are more worried about how good their school looks on paper and not what the students get out of it and take home. It is a good school.
- 9 days ago
Charter is pretty lit. Homework is a bit much so if your not a fan of staying up till 12:00am to do homework than I would not recomend. I love my grade for the most part everyone is really close since there is such a small amount of people in our grade. Don't take french or you will fail. Charter is 100% better than all the other local schools like Hopewell, North Meck, or Hough so I guess us Charter kids are #blessed. I have never felt unsafe in my school and the are not a lot of drugs at charter because that behavior is not tolerated. At Charter you grow a close bond that will hopefully be carried out with you for the rest of your lyfe because most of your classmates have been with you since 5th grade. (5th grade sucks! its hard af.) Overall I wouldn't want to go to school anywhere else. #Charterislit also if you don't want to go to school with preppy rich kids than I don't recomend.
- 18 days ago
I have been reading the reviews left on my school. Most of the negative comments are left by students of color. There is little to no racism in LNHS, all the students here are accepting and there is nee to worry about safety. This school is in a rich area so a lot of the kids here have a lot of money, but that not a problem in my eyes. If there is ever a problem the resource officer is here EVERY day. The school is mad op of primarily white students but that is just the area. Everyone here is accepting and peaceful. All the teachers are great.
- 21 days ago