Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyC
- Sports & FitnessB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Lakeside High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Georgia184Students
- Georgia Regents University122Students
- Georgia Southern University87Students
- Georgia Institute of Technology66Students
- Kennesaw State University47Students
- Georgia State University45Students
- University of South Carolina40Students
- Georgia College & State University35Students
- Emory University33Students
- Mercer University32Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
- Very Good75
The academic experience at Lakeside is very rewarding. With over 30 AP classes, I was able to take whatever classes I wanted. I especially enjoyed taking the AP Physics Electricity and Magnetism class, the only one in the region. Most of the teachers are outstanding and really care about their students. They push us and challenge us, and do their best to prepare us for college. That being said, the Lakeside facilities can often be less than desirable. Understandably, it is an older building, but often times both the inside and outside appearances leave much to be desired. Overcrowding is a serious issue.
- 22 hours ago
All of the teachers at the school should be fired!! They need to clean house. There is way too much politics especially with the athletics it is not fair that outstanding athletes don't play because they don't pay money to the coaches for playing time. This includes the administrators too except for two of them because they do care about the students. If I could do it again I would have gone to a private school if I could afford it or the rival high school. I play soccer and I am the best on the team but I don't get much playing time because of the mom who is an assistant coach and her daughter is on the team who gets all the playing time. This is due to me being a better player than her daughter and doesn't want anyone to look better than her own daughter plus the coach kisses up to the assistant coach. The principal wont do anything about the scenario of getting rid of those 2 coaches. Last year the assistant coach took me out of class during an exam only to ridicule me in the hallway about why I asked how come I was not a starter for the 2nd round of state playoffs when I made the winning goal to get to the second round of state playoffs. This high school has been nothing but a headache since my freshman year. I am doing dual enrollment now so I don't have to be at Lakeside High School all day. Absolute misery!
- 1 month ago
My overall experience at Lakeside High School have been great. The past four years are defiantly going to be remembered. I would have to say my favorite experience at Lakeside would have to be at the football games in the student section. I would talk to other students that I would not normally talk to. Lakeside is unique because I feel like this school is more of a family. In a way that it is always a pleasure to see teachers and administration waving to myself and other class mates in the halls. More of a friend than a superior when necessary.
- High School Senior
- 2 months ago