Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Lancaster High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+206 Students
- B189 Students
- C-143 Students
- A+142 Students
- A132 Students
- A+130 Students
- A-125 Students
- A119 Students
- A114 Students
- B+108 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.46 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.46 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.50 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.73 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.88 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.88 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.88 responses
- Very Good212
Lancaster High School has been great to me. If I had to do it all over again, my high school of choice would, again, be Lancaster High! I've made some of my favorite memories at countless events such as football, baseball, soccer games etc. and have even been able to host one of our amazing, energetic pep rallies. Our spirit weeks aren't the only time you'd see a massive amount of school spirit being displayed. The teachers are caring, the students are friendly, the campus is vast and appealing, and our school events are so creative and fun. I have so much love for my school and all the staff and students in it, we are all connected!
- High School Senior
- 12 months ago
This school is probably the best in the AV. Antelope Valley it is pretty desolated, it is basically in last place when it comes to funding. I think this school does its best with what it has. They have some pretty great teachers that really show interest in their students academic standing. I think it's nice students could really grow a strong connection with some of the teachers on campus. There's also a good range of elective classes like visual imagery, sculpture, anatomy. The students are for the most part accepting. Bullying is not really something a student would hear about around campus. There's a few people who do ruin the image of the school but it's not a bullying problem more like they fight amongst their own for personal problems not for the gist of picking on someone. Still, the school does their best to stop any type of negative behavior on their ground so it's not a huge issue. Overall, it's not the best but it does it's job and it does it well.
- 26 days ago
Being in the after-school competitive marching band class, I personally loved the quality of that particular after school program, and being in that one extracurricular class made my stay at the school much more fun. There were several different after-school sports teams and clubs to choose from as well, such as football, basketball, baseball, soccer, wrestling, golf, and cheer leading, among others. There was also dance teams, and the prestigious robotics team as well. However, since I wasn't in any of these organizations besides the band, and can't speak for them regarding the administration and parental support, or the level of commitment. Speaking for how I felt about the marching band, though, I feel as if it could (or should) have gotten a bit more administration support. The level of commitment each year was very good after band camp, and since it was a class, it was in each student's best interest to be there every day on time. I felt like the parental support was pretty good, and the return rate of alumni to watch practices and competitions were moderately high.
- Niche User
- 7 months ago