Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Lane Tech College Prep High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A891 Students
- A+861 Students
- A-824 Students
- A-530 Students
- A+512 Students
- A+405 Students
- A+334 Students
- B-295 Students
- B244 Students
- A+243 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.252 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.253 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.262 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.262 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.262 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Data not available
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.343 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.343 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.343 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.370 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.371 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.371 responses
- Very Good864
Lane Tech is a high school that holds so much diversity. You'll make awesome friends and connections with teachers that will help bring you up and succeed in life. Being in a selective enrollment high school really pushes you to do your best and counselors are constantly mentioning college, including AP exams, enrichment programs, scholarship/financial aid info, and application deadlines. Aside from the academic portion, Lane Tech is really big on sports! Our school holds the most clubs and sports (boys, girls, coed) in the whole city of Chicago! Being a LT student is challenging, but worth the excitement.
- 3 days ago
I loved Lane Tech! It was an experience that I will never forget and I never realized that I would still be encountering Lane Tech Alumni so often now that I've graduated. I still feel like I received the best quality education at such a diverse school. However, I would like to see more courses that assist students going towards pre-professional tracks. They have many opportunities within the school for students with artistic and engineering interests, but the rest of the students who are interested in pre-professional tracks often only have the option of taking one or two courses that actually interest them.
- 2 months ago
I love this school because it's extremely diverse. Ranging from different ethnicities, religions, political views, personalities, economic classes, there's so many different individuals. Lane Tech really carries the flag when promoting individualism. What's even more amazing, though, is that everyone here is able to coexist and everyone finds someone they have something in common with. The school spirit is very intense and the population of the school is akin to that of a college! Students here are very motivated, whether it be for athletics, extracurricular activities, or academics, whenever a student here finds their talent, they're bound to excel. I can say myself that joining my school's Debate Team was an amazing experience that helped me in choosing a future career. I would recommend this school to anyone as the teachers are great and the students here are so diverse, it's truly an amazing experience as this school is basically a mini-Chicago!
- Niche User
- 9 months ago