Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Sports & FitnessB+
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Lane Tech College Prep High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- DePaul University891Students
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign861Students
- University of Illinois at Chicago824Students
- Loyola University Chicago530Students
- University of Wisconsin512Students
- University of Chicago405Students
- Northwestern University334Students
- Columbia College Chicago295Students
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale244Students
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor243Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.252 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.253 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.262 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.262 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.262 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.343 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.343 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.343 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.370 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.371 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.371 responses
- Very Good839
I really liked my experience at Lane Tech the sports and clubs were so much fun and entertaining experience. Mainly due to the diversity that the school offers having cultures being able to interact with one another. I wish hadn't slacked off that much my freshman and sophomore year because my academic experience would have been so much better. Overall the academics were good and got me college ready I would say so with taking AP courses and more rigorous classes. My experience at Lane is one I'll never forget.
- 3 days ago
I like the diversity we have here at Lane tech. The students who attend this high school come from many different areas. Some come 2 hours away to 5 minutes away. I also like how we have a variety of extracurricular activities to take part of. It is impossible for a student to not be involved in a club/organization. Even if there is not a club a student wants to participate, they may create/start up a whole new club. They just have to run it through with certain people and have a sponsor for it.
- 4 days ago
I think Lane Tech gave me one of the most memorable experiences. Everyone around me was so caring and loving. In a school of 4,000+ students, we all still managed to become one and strive for greatness and acceptance. My teachers were always willing to help me and many became important mentors. Lane offers a wide range of clubs, sports and organizations that fit just about everyone's interest. Lane tech celebrates the similarities and differences of the students. International Nights are the biggest demonstrations of such. Clubs representing different countries show their traditional dances and with that, cultures. I really miss Lane Tech and the atmosphere it provided.
- 8 days ago