Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Lane Tech College Prep High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- DePaul University891Students
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign861Students
- University of Illinois at Chicago824Students
- Loyola University Chicago530Students
- University of Wisconsin512Students
- University of Chicago405Students
- Northwestern University334Students
- Columbia College Chicago295Students
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale244Students
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor243Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.252 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.253 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.262 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.262 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.262 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.343 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.343 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.343 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.370 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.371 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.371 responses
- Very Good848
I love this school because it's extremely diverse. Ranging from different ethnicities, religions, political views, personalities, economic classes, there's so many different individuals. Lane Tech really carries the flag when promoting individualism. What's even more amazing, though, is that everyone here is able to coexist and everyone finds someone they have something in common with. The school spirit is very intense and the population of the school is akin to that of a college! Students here are very motivated, whether it be for athletics, extracurricular activities, or academics, whenever a student here finds their talent, they're bound to excel. I can say myself that joining my school's Debate Team was an amazing experience that helped me in choosing a future career. I would recommend this school to anyone as the teachers are great and the students here are so diverse, it's truly an amazing experience as this school is basically a mini-Chicago!
- Niche User
- 8 months ago
I loved Lane Tech! It was an experience that I will never forget and I never realized that I would still be encountering Lane Tech Alumni so often now that I've graduated. I still feel like I received the best quality education at such a diverse school. However, I would like to see more courses that assist students going towards pre-professional tracks. They have many opportunities within the school for students with artistic and engineering interests, but the rest of the students who are interested in pre-professional tracks often only have the option of taking one or two courses that actually interest them.
- 24 days ago
Overall, Lane has some of the best teachers not only in the Chicago area, but nation wide! We have over 4,000 students, which makes Lane a very diverse school, and the teachers communicate and bond with every single person. The different teaching styles and techniques that have developed over the years have been great. A lot more classrooms are introducing different technologies into their curriculum, such as Elmo's, smart-boards, projectors, and it helps get the students more engaged and helps them to grasp the material a lot easier. Another thing about the teaching staff is that they make it clear that if you are struggling, there are many ways to get in contact with them outside of the classroom. They put in the effort to help you and set time aside to meet with you if you need extra help. All grading is 100% consistent. Each teacher gives a syllabus in the beginning of the year explaining the different categories in grades and how much each category is worth. It has never happened to me throughout my 4 years at Lane where a teacher changes her grading scale. The best thing about the teachers is that there are at least 4-5 teachers for each department who stay after school everyday for tutoring. So even though your teacher may not be able to stay after school, there are many other teachers who are just as knowledgeable in that specific class/department that will be able to offer you the assistance that you may need.
- Niche User
- 5 months ago