Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC
- Sports & FitnessC
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Lanier Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- Alabama State University49Students
- Troy University36Students
- Alabama A&M University27Students
- University of Alabama - Birmingham26Students
- University of Alabama24Students
- Auburn University - Montgomery21Students
- Auburn University16Students
- Tuskegee University15Students
- University of South Alabama12Students
- University of Georgia11Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
- Very Good28
I will be graduating from Lanier on May 21st, 2016 and my experience at Lanier has been nice. My teachers are supportive and motivating. I'm a proud poet!
- High School Senior
- 5 months ago
The reason why I chose the rating as "It's okay" because it's not the best and it's not the worst either. We have numerous of children who act like hooligans, and think it's all fine & dandy interrupting other people's learning process. For example, during assemblies, people are very rude. I've witnessed the crowd laugh at people who was on the stage. I've heard people judge every single person that they saw and so much more. To talk about school spirit? It SUCKS. 0%. The principal tries to keep everyone together but he needs 100% cooperation from the students and he can't get that. It's like we're a family, but we're not.
- Niche User
- 6 months ago
My experience at Sidney Lanier High School these past two years have been great. I am on the basketball team, and I am also apart of many different clubs there such as National Honor Society, The Medical Club, and The Fellowship of Christian Students. If I were given the opportunity to attend this school again, I would. I feel like it is worth attending, its about how you see your school and how you would portray it.
- High School Sophomore
- 6 months ago