Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Texas - Austin209Students
- Texas State University148Students
- Texas A&M University112Students
- Texas Tech University93Students
- University of North Texas90Students
- Austin Community College District75Students
- University of Texas - San Antonio75Students
- Baylor University72Students
- St. Edward's University67Students
- Texas Christian University64Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.48 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.56 responses
- Very Good142
Parents are constantly coming in and out of the school to support their kids! Every college info. meeting or basketball game, I see a tons of LHS parents there to support! These parents even volunteer a crazy amount of time for this school. And even interact at academically stuff, including open houses and orientations. Lots of work coming from parents!
- High School Senior
- 3 months ago
I really like this website! It is really easy to navigate and it gives me so many different options. It allows me to make my college experience a little bit more cheaper. With the abundant amount of scholarships and variety I always am able to find one that matches me. Niche offers a lot of different programs to help you define your college search and earn a lot of many for your very own particular activities. Overall I think Niche is a great program and I would definitely recommend it.
- 2 months ago
I partook in the International Baccalaureate program which can suck up a lot of time but I was still able to attend most of the football games and participate in two sports my junior and senior year . The key to having a great experience at Leander is to get involved with a group, nay group. Whether it's robotics, sports, debate or the BBC club. Getting involved in some way helps ground you and allows you to have a group of people. Everyone at Leander is very welcoming. With that said our school is the 'clique-iest' in our district and that is attributed to the diversity that composes our student body. At the other schools everyone is the same and carbon copies of each other. You will see like hangout with like but if you pay close attention you will see that similarities are not the defining factors of friendships at Leander. I would choose this school because of the International Baccalaureate program but I have always wanted to go to a small school and If I had the choice and means I probably would have attended a private christian academy.
- Niche User
- 6 months ago