Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Lincoln High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- South Dakota State University103Students
- University of South Dakota100Students
- Augustana University67Students
- University of Minnesota - Twin Cities61Students
- University of Sioux Falls36Students
- University of Nebraska - Lincoln35Students
- Southeast Technical Institute24Students
- Dakota State University23Students
- Concordia University - Minnesota22Students
- University of Wisconsin21Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
- Very Good64
This is an amazing high school that I am forever proud to be a part of. Everybody is so willing to help, the friendless is unlike anything you will experience anywhere else. The school is also loaded with truthfully incredible teachers that make learning easy and even sometimes fun. The only thing I can find that is a little bit wrong is that they don't try their best with preparing you for college. They absolutely do try, but there is definitely more they could do to really set that college tone and help us figure out what we need to do to be ready. However, even this is solved by the very helpful counselors, if you just go in with a question they'll send you back with an answer.
- 2 months ago
The teachers at Lincoln high school are extremely invested in the success of their students. They make themselves available by email, during lunch breaks, and before and after school to meet the needs of their students. Our teachers are also extremely approachable and encourage the vocalizations of differing opinions in the classroom to prompt a larger world understanding and develop individual opinions/morals.
- High School Senior
- 8 months ago
Lincoln has been great to me. I feel extremely lucky to attend a school with fantastic teachers, great programs in athletics and the arts, while still remaining a diverse and inclusive public school. I made so many friends my freshman year and was exposed to several interesting classes in a range of fields, piquing my interest in social studies especially. Throughout my high school career, I have been exposed to a variety of interesting and intelligent people through my involvement in theatre, volunteer organizations and my classes. Lincoln has been very transformative in the sense that I've learned much about myself and what I want to do with my life, as my teachers have instilled me with invaluable knowledge which I hope to build on throughout my post secondary education. While I have had a few tough teachers, I feel as if this isn't a stain on my perception of Lincoln High as a whole; bad teachers are unavoidable and to believe otherwise would be ridiculous. Overall, Lincoln has granted me with indispensable skills in both academia and life, and no matter what college I am ultimately admitted to, I will know that Lincoln has been tremendously helpful in assisting me with my admission, more so than any other local school could.
- High School Senior
- June 23 2015