Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Sports & FitnessB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Los Osos High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of California - Los Angeles200Students
- San Diego State University157Students
- University of Southern California150Students
- University of California - Santa Barbara145Students
- University of California - San Diego141Students
- California State University - San Bernardino139Students
- California State Polytechnic University - Pomona138Students
- University of California - Irvine137Students
- University of California - Riverside136Students
- University of California - Berkeley122Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.54 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.97 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.97 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.97 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.104 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.104 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.104 responses
- Very Good262
I love Los Osos's emphasis on academics and our spirit. We may not have the best sports team, but we definitely do have camaraderie and school spirit. ASB and Renaissance dedicates lots of time to make posters and involve the students. On the other hand, I do wish that the prom, homecoming, and winter-bash courts were more diverse not only by ethnicity, but by non-ASB students (the latter are the only ones represented). Academic-wise, I find our science department very lacking not only by facilities (not a single, true science lab) but by materials. Other subjects have more-qualified teachers, too. Yet all subjects have immense amounts of homework given by AP teachers, who never fail to continue to push us mentally.
- 4 days ago
To improve the school, I believe they should offer classes that talk about college only. A class that educates the lower class man about financial aid, scholarships and admissions.
- 6 days ago
I really enjoyed my experience here at Osos. I got into a very highly rated school because of the amount of education you get from this school instead of some of the other high schools in the area. The teachers are amazing and the life skills you learn from them are undoubtedly going to help you in the near future like they did me!
- 20 days ago