Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Lowell High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+405 Students
- A373 Students
- A+370 Students
- A305 Students
- A+282 Students
- A234 Students
- A+221 Students
- A-215 Students
- A+182 Students
- B-179 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.75 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.75 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.85 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.85 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.85 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.110 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.110 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.110 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.120 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.120 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.120 responses
- Very Good359
Overall, this school is very competitive. If you don't enjoy learning and studying to the best of your ability, this school may not be the best choice for you. It's easy to fall behind if you aren't committed to your studies. However, everyone at the school is helpful and supportive no matter how much you're struggling. Because of the large range of classes and clubs to choose from, meeting people and making new friends becomes a lot easier! (although it's harder to become bffs and you'll usually find that sticking with your middle school friends is easier). Academics here are top notch
- High School Sophomore
- 6 months ago
Most of the stereotypes about Lowell are true; it is highly competitive with a heavy workload, and it is difficult to get good grades. It does, however, push its students to do better, because of the competition. Lowell also has great resources, with remarkable counselors and an excellent Wellness Center. There are also many clubs, so you are bound to find one that you like. If not, it is super easy to start a new one!
- 12 days ago
Lowell High School has always flaunted its competitive environment--one that pushes its students to reach maximum educational goals. For that reason, many go on to prestigious universities following graduation. Self-studying and motivation is the key to success at this school; they are the two things that carry on with its students into future endeavors. The school's resources are limited with subpar teachers/administration, but frankly, are unneeded with the intellectual environment the students conjure themselves. As with all things, sports culture is one that Lowell students greatly excel at, with at least 80-90% of teams earning championship titles. Overall, I had a great experience other than the fact that I drowned in the school's competitive nature.
- 13 days ago