Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA+
- Sports & FitnessB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Lowell High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of California - Los Angeles405Students
- University of California - Davis373Students
- University of California - Berkeley370Students
- University of California - San Diego305Students
- University of California - Santa Barbara282Students
- University of California - Irvine234Students
- Stanford University221Students
- University of California - Santa Cruz215Students
- University of Southern California182Students
- San Francisco State University179Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.75 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.85 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.85 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.85 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.110 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.110 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.110 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.120 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.120 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.120 responses
- Very Good351
Lowell is very unique. There are pleanty of AP classes available and a variety of different science and english classes. Students can choose their own classes and teacher. I definitelty think the quality of the teachers vary. There is a small handful of good teachers who will take the time to make sure students are learning the material but the majority of the teachers are not good. If you are good at learning on your own and can manage stress well this is the school for you. However if you need more attention from your teachers and don't thrive in a competative environment, this is not the school for you.
- 6 days ago
Teachers of Lowell High School care about their students and put effort into making sure the students are learning about the material and able to understand and comprehend it. Since this is one of the top public elite high schools in the nation, it gets very competitive and difficult.
- 7 days ago
I really like how challenging Lowell is. Compared to most of the public schools in San Francisco, you have to work hard to get what you want. Nothing is handed to you at lowell, because it is such a competitive school. The school itself does not have resources for you to take advantage of so if there is anything you need, you have to go find it for yourself. I really like how the school has allowed me to mature as a person and become independent.
- 9 days ago