Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
MacArthur High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Texas - San Antonio275Students
- University of Texas - Austin238Students
- Texas A&M University167Students
- Texas State University159Students
- San Antonio College131Students
- University of the Incarnate Word120Students
- Texas Tech University110Students
- St. Edward's University94Students
- Baylor University87Students
- Texas Christian University87Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.59 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.60 responses
- Very Good196
Attending MacArthur High School was a benfital experience. Not only did I make lifetime friends, but I was able to extend my knowledge and prepare for college. Most of the teachers were excellent educators, they truly cared about the student and how successful they were throughout the curriculum. I'm glad I was able to attend MacArthur High School, Go Brahmas!
- 13 days ago
What makes MacArthur High School unique is that the connection between everybody around campus just clicks together. The students and teachers get along very well and the teachers would do anything for those students to help them achieve success. The students connect with eachother and for example our students at games make a big student section called the "Blue Crew" where anyone of any grade can stand together and cheer on the sports teams/have fun and say chants. No other school in the district does that and that's pretty cool. If I had to do high school all over again I would definitely want to come back to MacArthur. I can easily say that it was the most enjoyable times and I made the most memories in my school career at Mac, just because of the unity as one by the teachers, students, administration, and the parents.
- High School Senior
- 7 months ago
Great school however no traditions that make students and alumni feel this school was the Best. Faculty is good and diversity of students is perfect, makes you feel all are equal. Teachers do a good job preparing you for college. Athletic program is good however I think we could be more competitive and the whole idea of not encouraging students to play multiple sports could be changed. Why limit a kid to play one sport because he's better in one certain sport versus the other.
- 11 days ago