Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
MacArthur High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B275 Students
- A+238 Students
- A+167 Students
- B+159 Students
- B-131 Students
- B120 Students
- A-110 Students
- B+94 Students
- A87 Students
- A-87 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.34 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.43 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.59 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.60 responses
- Very Good196
Attending MacArthur High School was a benfital experience. Not only did I make lifetime friends, but I was able to extend my knowledge and prepare for college. Most of the teachers were excellent educators, they truly cared about the student and how successful they were throughout the curriculum. I'm glad I was able to attend MacArthur High School, Go Brahmas!
- 2 months ago
I have been attending Macarthur for the past four years and have participated in many extracurricular activities and have loved all my coaches involved with soccer, tennis and volleyball. Our facilities are not as nice as some of the other North East schools, however we have a great administration that has instilled character within our diverse community. Due to us being the smallest high school in the district we are not offered as many AP/ dual credit courses. We have extreme school pride and spirit.
- 13 days ago
What makes MacArthur High School unique is that the connection between everybody around campus just clicks together. The students and teachers get along very well and the teachers would do anything for those students to help them achieve success. The students connect with eachother and for example our students at games make a big student section called the "Blue Crew" where anyone of any grade can stand together and cheer on the sports teams/have fun and say chants. No other school in the district does that and that's pretty cool. If I had to do high school all over again I would definitely want to come back to MacArthur. I can easily say that it was the most enjoyable times and I made the most memories in my school career at Mac, just because of the unity as one by the teachers, students, administration, and the parents.
- High School Senior
- 8 months ago