Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Madison High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Texas - San Antonio305Students
- University of Texas - Austin227Students
- Texas State University188Students
- San Antonio College168Students
- University of the Incarnate Word152Students
- Texas A&M University147Students
- Texas Tech University141Students
- St. Mary's University - Texas100Students
- University of North Texas78Students
- Baylor University77Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.76 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.85 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.85 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.85 responses
- Very Good193
Madison has plenty of extracurricular activities and groups available. The Fine Arts department includes theatre, orchestra, choir, band, and art, which all have after-school clubs and year-round activities and performances. Within the athletic departments there are always after-school practices with many sports regardless of the season. Basketball, football, track, soccer, baseball and more keep sports-loving students busy. Also, the language department has clubs for most of its languages, like Spanish, German and French. Aside from these three main areas, other clubs, like PALS, Unity Club, Earth Club, Debate, Video Game club, and even Disney club. There's bound to be something for everyone at Madison!
- Niche User
- Apr 18 2015
James Madison High School has been a decent school to attend. There are many clubs and activities to get all student involved. The college preparation is also fantastic. Something which seems to be lacking is effective actions taken for student discipline. The same steps are repeated every time a student causes a problem, yet remains ineffective. Many students who participate in various organizations around campus seem to complain the funds towards everything except sports (especially football) seem to be minimal.
- 2 months ago
There is a wide range of extracurricular activities to do at Madison from guitar club to soccer to PALS, so any student is sure to find a club that interests them. There is a strong commitment from students for their different clubs because everybody seems to be so passionate about what they do, every club goes above and beyond and represents the school respectively. The most popular clubs and activities would have to be football, PALS (peer assistance leadership and service) and the National Honor Society, there are many students in each organization and are all very involved with their school and community. The administration support for school functions is great, we always have administrators and teachers at the events to support the school. Madison offers several after-school activities that can help students grade averages or just clubs that they might be interested such as the Disney club. My school provides many activities that most students are involved in.
- High School Junior
- 8 months ago