Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Manvel High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+220 Students
- A-209 Students
- A+176 Students
- B134 Students
- A-115 Students
- B+108 Students
- A102 Students
- A-91 Students
- A+82 Students
- B79 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.61 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.61 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.62 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.78 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.50 responses
- Very Good189
I love my school. Manvel creates this unique vibe that fills every students soul. Yeah I know, sounds cheesy but it really does feel like a family. In everything that we do, we are supported. Students, teachers, counselors, janitors, and coaches are all apart of the reason why we keep going everyday. We like to succeed together as a whole. Football games are my absolute favorite. Its like we all are on the field! Everyone is cheering for everyone. Everyone is considered family. When one cry, we all cry. When one laugh, we all laugh. When one is successful, in spirit, we're all successful. There's nothing that can compare to the pride that my school has.
- High School Senior
- 6 months ago
I loved attending Manvel High School. The staff were incredibly kind and genuinely cared for their students. Students who attended or attend Manvel HS can all agree when I say we treat each other as family. Manvel High School is perfect the way it is. Although, if theres one thing I could change, I would expand the school. There are just too many people who wants to be part of the Mav family! Haha
- 1 month ago
One of the main reasons why Manvel HS stands out to me is the fact that they are joined with Alvin Community College (ACC). Because they are joined with this institution, Manvel is able to offer dual credit classes to the student body. Meaning, that student can earn college credit which will transfer over to their preferred college when that particular student graduates. A student can also graduate with their Associate's Degree! (Having at least sixty credits). However, if the student graduates with an Associate's Degree, they would have to request a transfer and be considered as a transfer student at their preferred college. As you may have guessed, I am one of those students. Since I transferred to Manvel HS in the middle of my junior year, I will only have thirty credits when I graduate high school and I will go into my preferred college of choice as a sophomore.
- High School Senior
- 12 months ago