Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-337 Students
- A309 Students
- A+295 Students
- B276 Students
- A+175 Students
- A-122 Students
- A-112 Students
- A-102 Students
- B+97 Students
- C74 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.46 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.46 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.60 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.85 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.85 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.85 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.93 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.93 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.93 responses
- Very Good217
I really enjoy learning the curriculum they have in place and the campus is great! However, I am dissatisfied with most of the teachers because of their lack of interest in the students and helping them succeed. I feel the administration isn't making a substantial effort into eliminating the teachers who are doing a poor job.
- 16 days ago
Marjory Stoneman Douglas offers students rigorous courses and the potential for college credits through various AP courses. In general, the AP teachers are well qualified however many of the lower level teachers are not successful in intriguing or teaching students. Many sports that may be successful but do not bring in revenue are neglected in favor of the sports teams that might not do well but bring in revenue. There are too few guidance counselors for them to be of any use. Students are in general misinformed about college applications and scholarship opportunities. The school is diverse and safe but lacks school spirit and pride.
- 12 days ago
I was new in 11th grade so I have another school to compare this one to. The bathrooms are not clean at all. Most are located outside without a door so it's very hot and humid and stinks very badly. I shouldn't have to dread going to use the restroom. I am also very unhappy with the dress code. At my old school, there was not a strict dress code. I went to a great school--very similar to Stoneman Douglas academically--and the dress code was nowhere near this strict. At Stonaman Douglas we are not allowed to wear shirts where shoulders are exposed. Shorts have to go down to the knees. No hats are allowed. I think this should be changed. It gets very hot in Florida. Tank tops at least should be allowed. Implementing these strict regulations prevent students from showing their personal style. It inhibits self expression.
- High School Senior
- 5 months ago