Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Martin Luther King Jr. High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-174 Students
- B+141 Students
- A+133 Students
- A118 Students
- B-116 Students
- C110 Students
- A-109 Students
- A103 Students
- A+85 Students
- B+81 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.37 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.37 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.48 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.68 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.77 responses
- Very Good177
I liked how the teachers and staff all wanted what was best for the students. They all cared deeply about how the student was doing, not just in school, but in general as well. They tried to keep students out of trouble and on task, so the students can be successful. I would like to see a lot of the students try to make everyone feel included. Everyone had their groups of friends that they would not stray from, and I want everyone to feel like they are an important part of the school. Events like pep rallies including everyone, not just recognizing sports or academic excellence. There should be more appreciation for every student within the school for simply being who they are.
- 2 months ago
I've had a lot of great teachers throughout my high school career at at at King. There is an abundance of extremely qualified and knowledgeable teachers with efficient teaching styles and plans, that genuinely care about students' success. While there are some some that aren't quite up to par (I wouldn't say I had any bad teachers, though I've heard stories about them), they are overshadowed by the others who excel in teaching. Perhaps it's because I exclusively took honors and AP classes, but in my opinion, the faculty at King High school is excellent.
- Niche User
- 4 months ago
Martin Luther King High School has many programs and clubs where students may discover their niche in society. However, athletics have more emphasis in the school rather than the arts or education. I represented the drawing and painting class in the Professional Arts Conservatory, and the members worked together to improve the arts side of the school. The art teachers made me feel right at home. I made connections that I never thought I would create. Once a student finds their interest, their experience at King High becomes more memorable.
- Niche User
- 7 months ago