Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Martinsburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-183 Students
- C+139 Students
- B-76 Students
- C+46 Students
- C+36 Students
- B25 Students
- A+23 Students
- C+19 Students
- A-16 Students
- A+16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
- Very Good69
My experience at Martinsburg High School was very displeasing. Since the first day of my freshman year, I knew the student around me didn't care about there education, and only wanted to do what they wanted to do. Throughout the years, the teachers never took control. The students only tried to pass, not the learn. The school mostly cares about football. They treat the football players like the kings of the school. The principals want the football players to play, so when they do get in trouble, they are let go of there punishment. The principals only care about the football program over their education. This school does not prepare you for the next leave of education.
- 15 days ago
I have loved my experience at Martinsburg high school. My teachers have always been there to help me and I would never want to go to another school. I play on the tennis team and my teammates are encouraging and trustworthy. I love my team, but we don't even have our own tennis courts; we have to use city courts. Other than that the athletics are great. From my standpoint the academics are challenging too. The teachers stress how important a good education is. Our principal really cares about all the different departments in our school. Last year, A few of my friends and I made it into Allstate Choir. Mr. Sherman made a point to stop and take a picture of us so he could spread the word on twitter. This school has a variety of clubs and opportunities that other schools might not. I am excited to be a graduate of Martinsburg High.
- 2 months ago
Certain sports at my school like track, basketball, and football have very good programs and receive quite a lot of money and attendance. But if you are on a female sports team, the school does not pay a whole lot of attention to these activities. The clubs like National Honor Societies, Student Council, and other clubs where you have to be selected to be in and include the top students at the school are usually very good and in high quality. But other clubs you really don't hear a lot about and have very little student involvement.
- High School Senior
- 12 months ago