Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Mercer Island High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Washington297Students
- Western Washington University120Students
- University of Southern California103Students
- Gonzaga University91Students
- Washington State University91Students
- University of California - Los Angeles82Students
- University of California - Berkeley81Students
- Santa Clara University72Students
- University of Oregon69Students
- Seattle University67Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
- Very Good78
In my three years here, I have only had one teacher whom I was unhappy with. He/she was nice, but unorganized and straight up not good at teaching. Fortunately, few teachers are like him/her. Otherwise, most teachers at MIHS are engaging, understanding and knowledgeable in their fields. They are reasonable any very willing to help you outside of class. Quite a few teachers have built very enthusiastic student fan bases! In my opinion, the quality of teachers is the best part of MIHS.
- High School Junior
- 10 months ago
There a variety of extracurricular activities at this school. Most students are currently participating in Key Club, Interact Club, Help Club, International Club, Science Club, Math Club. Students even create their own clubs such as ROCK club, Harry Potter Club, and Badminton Club. There are many after-school activities that many students enjoy to attend, especially sports. Two years ago, there were 70 members participating in badminton. We all had a chance to compete against different schools. It was an amazing experience.
- High School Senior
- 4 months ago
I love MIHS! It's such a spirited environment and it's such a fun school to attend for sports games, assemblies and events. The people can be rather cliquey and the fact that many affluent people live in the area can make it hard for families with lesser incomes to find places to "fit in". The pressure to drugs and party is quite prevalent, seeing as those who "party" seem to be the "cool" kids. Overall, the advanced and AP courses are quite rigorous and challenging. The normal classes can vary in level of difficulty based on which teacher you have.
- High School Senior
- Aug 15 2015