Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Middletown High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A183 Students
- B-36 Students
- A+31 Students
- C+31 Students
- C26 Students
- A-26 Students
- A20 Students
- A-20 Students
- B+19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
- Very Good108
My experience with Middletown High School was acceptable, don't get me wrong the school itself is great but what high school you know is perfect? Middleotwn High School have a lot of opportunities and the administrations and staff help you get to where you want to go. For example we're always taking college visit even if you don't want to go to that college it's still an option. They also help you gain back any credits you didn't receive because you failed a class, this program is called credit recovery it allows you to graduate on time. They have many sports, activities and clubs to join so you'll never be bored with the school. Also they're classes and teachers are amazing, the teacher want to see you pass so when you start slacking they will notice it.
- Middle School Student
- 2 months ago
Overall, Middletown High School in Middletown, DE, was a pretty good school. Most of the staff I encountered wanted to help students if they needed anything and they encouraged students to continue to be successful after high school whether it be in college or working. The school offered multiple after school clubs, organizations, and sports. Most students were supportive, especially of the Best Buddies members, and I never felt unsafe or like I was going to be bullied. I think these are very important aspects a high school should hold.
- 3 months ago
I believe the teachers are really passionate about their jobs. They care about about each individual, they want to see their students improve the most they can. Each teacher has a different style of teaching, but they all follow learning maps. This ensures a very structural way of learning. I wake up every morning wanting to go to school. Each teacher brings positive vibes to the classroom. Every teacher is very consistent in grading, they are very strict when it comes to grading. They are also very strict when it comes to due dates. Overall, I love Middletown high school, because of the amazing teachers I was surrounded by.
- High School Senior
- 7 months ago