Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-125 Students
- A+125 Students
- A+119 Students
- A-112 Students
- B+94 Students
- A86 Students
- A+86 Students
- B85 Students
- A84 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.32 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.32 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.40 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.57 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.60 responses
- Very Good186
When I went to school there, there were several teachers that the students felt were abusing their tenure; but most of them have retired. The English department is one that I felt was lacking a lot. Primarily when it came to Senior Year, the students had to make a physical art piece concerning literature (i.e. a painting, or a video game). Literature itself is art, and there is no reason why students should be pressured to be doing the type of work for an art class in an English class. Aside from the English Department, the Social Studies were excellent! Great teachers who really made sure the students understood the material well enough to pass almost every test. The Math and Science departments were alright, could improve on some things, but can't really complain. The Music and Foreign Language Departments were really great too (even though I didn't like the Music classes offered). Over all, the work load in some departments (i.e. Math,Science, and English) were a little excessive which created a lot of stress (probably why there were multiple threats prompting lockdowns) on a student body that is not yet ready for it.
- Niche User
- Dec 22 2015
The teachers in the Social Studies Department, Foreign Language Department, and Math Department really strive to create a more casual relationship with their students which really helps the student body understand the material. The teachers in the English department were pretty interesting because the AP classes promoted a Socratic style of teaching, while the CP classes seemed to just teach for tests. The Science Teachers really need to do some working when it comes to teaching (all of my science teachers that I had when I was there left). The grading for all departments was, for the most part, efficient and convenient for most students.
- Niche User
- Dec 22 2015
I appreciate a lot of things at moorpark high school like how most of the teachers are understanding and are willing to give students second chances when it comes to academics. The counseling office is excellent and helpful when it comes to asking stuff about college ad other issues and topics. Certain vice principles may be annoying and uptight however there is not much to do about that which is a downside to the school. The cafeteria lunch is gross but it's high school cafeteria food so that's given. Overall it's a decent school not too many parties or violence ever goes on in moorpark.
- 14 days ago