Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Morgantown High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-271 Students
- C+41 Students
- B-23 Students
- A+23 Students
- B23 Students
- A+22 Students
- A+20 Students
- A+19 Students
- B-17 Students
- A17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
- Very Good94
I was challenged by the decent selection of AP classes that Morgantown HS offers, and was lucky to have support from many of the teachers. There are annoying aspects, such as the walk outside to the art/music/language classes and the bathrooms, but overall I wouldn't have wanted to go anywhere else (especially not UHS). The students have fun but are generally respectful. Traditions like Senior Awards Day and Homecoming events are especially unique and contribute to a positive experience. The school is pretty large, which can be intimidating for some, but also allows for exposure to people of different ethnicities, socioeconomic classes, and backgrounds.
- 27 days ago
Morgantown High is a school filled with a lot of its historical background. Despite the ever growing student population, the school is rather larger than other high schools in West Virginia. Like all high schools, Morgantown High does have its flaws. Residing in a state such as West Virginia, Morgantown's athletic teams, specifically football, have a lot of importance to the school and can often cause other aspects to be overlooked such as the more arts department. Besides the average flaws, it has a good educational basis and lots of opportunity for success. I will not especially miss the school entirely but while I am here, I can tolerate it.
- 2 months ago
I liked a lot of the teachers at Morgantown High School, however a lot of the courses we had to take I felt unnecessary and did not prepare us for college. The school was located in downtown not making it very safe and we had a few incidents with students being stabbed in the school, or it being vandilized or people smoking, and drinking in or out of the school. Also, a lot of the students did not value their education and did not have respect for the teachers. Even though we say one MHS really I felt as if the school was divided and no one really got along. The only classes I really learned from were APs and some honors. A lot of those teachers were fantastic and really enhanced my educational experience. It was very hard to find studious students with strong work ethic. Only a handful existed to be honest.
- 10 days ago