Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Sports & FitnessB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Morgantown High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- West Virginia University271Students
- Fairmont State University41Students
- Marshall University23Students
- University of Pennsylvania23Students
- West Virginia Wesleyan College23Students
- Vanderbilt University22Students
- Ohio State University20Students
- Penn State19Students
- Alderson Broaddus College17Students
- University of Pittsburgh17Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
- Very Good92
Most of the teachers are friendly and try their best to help you. They are a triple A school. I would like to see more space added on because the halls are so crowded, there are just too many students and not enough room.
- 18 days ago
The parents here are not the greatest. Yes, there are some incredible parents who have had a tremendous impact on the school. Yet there are also parents who are far too involved, abusive, or even completely absent. The overcompetitive parents have been known to behave like high schoolers themselves (namely, in a negative way) when interacting with children outside of their own, or bullying teachers and/or administrators when they don't get their way- even when they're in the wrong. Cheaters get off the hook, and slackers get special treatment because of parental influence. As for the other types, well, MHS has its fair share of parents who abuse or neglect their children. This leads to negative effects on their children and those around them. Doesn't every school?
- Niche User
- 6 months ago
Generally, the parents of the students at MHS are lax and blame the teacher if their child says that something isn't their fault.
- High School Junior
- 7 months ago