Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyD-
- Sports & FitnessC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
319 Seargent Prentiss Dr
Natchez, MS 39120
Natchez High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Southern Mississippi63Students
- Alcorn State University57Students
- Mississippi State University42Students
- Jackson State University38Students
- Copiah-Lincoln Community College32Students
- University of Mississippi29Students
- Mississippi College27Students
- Tougaloo College22Students
- University of Louisiana - Monroe15Students
- Hinds Community College13Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
- Very Good16
My experience at Natchez High was not a very good one. I would like to see the school change academically and socially. I would like to see the staff and students work together as one.
- 20 days ago
My overall experience at this school was not a very good one. We were hardly ever allowed to leave class for any reason. If you had to use the restroom you had to wait until the bell rang to change classes and you had only 5 minutes to get to class. Therefore, you were most likely late to class. The teacher didn't care that you had to take care of a perfectly normal personal need you would still receive a tardy. I was told by one of my teachers that the administrators had told all of the teachers to never let us out. It was almost as if no one expected us to have any personal emergencies. We started one of the school years off by having 20 minute breaks before or after lunch but they quickly put a stop to this because of discipline problems. There very little social time at this school even during lunch. We were forced to sit at our teachers assigned table and eat with our class. If you had any friends that were not in the same class as you then you were out of luck. I went to this school for four years and stayed very depressed the entire time. I was genuinely not happy here because there was no freedom. There were no warm smiles or welcoming greetings. The teachers looked like they didn't want to show up for work and the kids didn't want to show up for school. Everyone was unhappy. They didn't allow kids to be kids. I have very few good memories to look back on from high-school and I spent a lot of time having regrets. I thought if my parents would've moved to another place when I would've been better off. I was looking at all these other high schools around the United States that made learning fun and I wanted to be apart of it. This school is unique because it is the only school in this town that treats the students this horrible. Even though, a very good friend of mine is currently in his senior year there and I miss talking to him everyday I wouldn't want to go back. I'm so happy I graduated from high school.
- Niche User
- 1 month ago
This school is the worst. The teachers do not teach. The skill standards are set extremely low.
- High School Senior
- 6 months ago