Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Newark High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A217 Students
- B-53 Students
- C+39 Students
- A-32 Students
- A+31 Students
- A+31 Students
- C25 Students
- B-24 Students
- B-21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
- Very Good61
Teaching performances vary depending upon the teacher. Newark High has music, art and animal science teachers who go above and beyond for their students. Their grading is consistent and fair, making no exceptions even for good students. These teachers set high standards for their students and take questions and ideas from them very seriously. Other teachers do not take their jobs seriously and slack off by giving hand-out grades. We have one teacher who instructs a travel class but does not teach them anything about travel. Instead this teacher insults the students and lets them mess around on computers during class time. The person lies to administration for the students and promotes reckless behavior.
- High School Senior
- 10 months ago
Most teachers were less than impressive, but there are a few that are diamonds in the rough that you will acquire a wealth of knowledge from. The art teachers are fantastic and many of the AP teachers are wonderful. Some of the honors teachers are good but they are much harder to stumble upon. Some of the curriculum is very strong, mostly in AP classes. However, in honors classes, the curriculum is not challenging at all. The workload is manageable as long as you don't procrastinate in higher level classes
- Niche User
- 4 months ago
There are very few good experiences at this school. The best experiences are always the ones that involve your friends. Enjoyable academic experiences are quite rare. The most unique thing about this school are its students' creativity. The artists here in all aspects & regards of the arts are superb with their work. The only thing that would & has made me stay at Newark High are the great people you have the possibility of meeting. Most of the greatest people with the biggest hearts are those invisible to everyone else. Once you find your crowd here & know who are your real friends, it then doesn't seem so bad. Even a few teachers are the greatest of friends with some of their students.
- High School Junior
- Dec 29 2015