Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
North Atlanta High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+202 Students
- B+187 Students
- A+96 Students
- A+95 Students
- A-91 Students
- B-81 Students
- A-74 Students
- A+57 Students
- B-50 Students
- A+50 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.34 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.39 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.61 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.61 responses
- Very Good119
This school is quite unique. Many see it for being one of the best schools in the state of Georgia for it's new building-a former IBM building. However, the school has its pros and cons. I particularly like the courses I have available for taking. Some courses I am taking currently, I will be taking in college as well. For instance, Forensics, Psychology and Sociology help me learn more for my pursuit of becoming a Criminal Justice Attorney. The high school also has career-based pathways. These pathways include, Performing Arts, Film and Tech, and much more. Some cons of the school are some of the students' misconduct and immaturity. As I have attended this school for 4 years now, I see many who behave this way, especially some seniors. I wish the staff could find a way to better influence those students into realizing the true obstacles they will have to deal with, not only in college, but in real life as well. They need to understand that their life decisions revolve around them.
- 2 months ago
My experience at North Atlanta High School is very life changing because the school is so gigantic and is field with so my different people. The building it self is just so confusing, it does not help that there is almost 2400 students running around trying to go to class. One issue North Atlanta should fix is the elevators, since the main building has eleven stories majority of the students want to take the elevators. In result, this causes almost 25 to 35 students in one elevator with a maximum of 15 people. Causing numerous students to become stuck on a elevator from 15 to 30 minutes at a time. Another issue North Atlanta should address is the International Baccalaureate program they offer at my school. The school should try to encourage more diversity in the program because over the years the minority students eventually who try to continue with the (IB) program drop it for advance placement and honors class. In conclusion , North Atlanta High School is a great school attend.
- 3 months ago
My overall experience at North Atlanta High School, socially , was very good . It was easy to engage in new friendships . It is very diverse. It has had a past history of racism ,but we have a new principal that has addressed the issue . In order to be noticed and stand out, people must take AP classes or be in the IB program. The administrators are a little unorganized at times so you must let them know what you want done within a reasonable time frame. Most of the teachers care about their students education. Education is valued at North Atlanta High School. The basketball and football team are atrocious ,but they still work hard as if there was never a recorded loosing streak.
- 3 months ago