Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA+
North Penn Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- Penn State273Students
- Temple University265Students
- Drexel University179Students
- University of Pittsburgh174Students
- University of Pennsylvania173Students
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania123Students
- Montgomery County Community College - Central Campus79Students
- New York University74Students
- Villanova University66Students
- University of Delaware65Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.51 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.90 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.90 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.90 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.94 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.94 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.95 responses
- Very Good228
I am very happy at my school! Even though my school is extremely large, we have a great reputation and there are many opportunities to be involved. North Penn has taught me to co-exist, communicate and thrive in a large community of students and also to adapt to the challenges and limitations that a school with 3000 students can bring. Cooperation, patience and teamwork are skills that are honed in this environment. My favorite part of high school has been my involvement in marching band and indoor percussion. I am a proud member of the drum line in the North Penn Marching Knights & NP Winter Percussion! We are a hard working, award winning groups that are like family and these experiences have taught me life lessons like discipline, perseverance, sportsmanship, that will make me a well rounded person. I will truly miss and cherish these years in my life!
- High School Senior
- 11 months ago
The elementary schools are wonderful-such a sense of belonging and community. They really care and help your child. Middle school was different-much less communication, but there is home access to check grades and tests which is wonderful. High school-SO many opportunities! Over 100 clubs to get involved in! Amazing majors (my daughter wants to be a teacher and they run an in-school nursery school so the child ed students can teach lessons and work with the kids 3 times a week!) When I went there, I learned about telecommunications using the cameras/sound board/etc in the schools studio. My son wants to become an engineer and they have a whole program! Both my kids have health issues and the school has been wonderful and accommodating!
- Nov 10 2015
Despite the jokes we as students make about North Penn, I wouldn't go anywhere else. There are so may activities an clubs and sports that if you can't find one you're interested in, you're simply not looking hard enough. In addition to the plethora of extracurricular activities, there's also a large mix of ethnic groups at North Penn as well. The extremely high level of diversity at North Penn creates for interesting topics on culture and religion in class and we all learn how to handle and work with different types of people respectfully. At North Penn, our sports teams are usually the best in our conferences, so school spirit, especially surrounding athletics is high, and the athletes here support each other. Lastly, the teachers here are brilliant, especially in the higher level classes (AP, Honors). Their passion is contagious and they're so knowledgeable about their subjects which gives the students more excitement about the material as well.
- High School Senior
- 5 months ago