Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Northside College Preparatory High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign235Students
- Northwestern University195Students
- University of Chicago168Students
- University of Illinois at Chicago134Students
- Loyola University Chicago128Students
- University of Wisconsin126Students
- DePaul University125Students
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor109Students
- Stanford University95Students
- Yale University75Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.48 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.72 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.77 responses
- Very Good192
I am entering my junior year of high school at NCP, and there is only one thing I dislike: the workload. While it is something I dislike, I still would not change it. I have become a more disciplined, confident, and organized person because of my school's culture. While the workload is multitudinous, it is certainly manageable. I love being able to arrive to school at 6:30 a.m. each day to peacefully work on projects. I love witnessing the passions and self-development goals that my teachers have outside of school. I love the friendships that I've developed with the most loyal, kind people I've met. I love running across our school's beautiful back yard during my lunch time. And above all, I love the respite from classes that our colloquium day provides every Wednesday!
- High School Junior
- 4 months ago
Northside is nationally recognized for its rigorous and challenging academics, but it's so much more than that. Despite the competitive atmosphere, the students are supportive and encouraging. The teachers are willing to help outside of the classroom, and the faculty cares about the students' well-being. There are tons of clubs, extracurricular activities, and sports to get involved in. The school strives to help their community. Even the school is physically unique from other high schools; the hallways are decorated with student-made creations and art pieces, and there's a whole wing dedicated to their work. Overall, my experience at Northside has been great.
- 2 months ago
NCP is very social and accepting. In the hallways, you can see everyone talking with everyone. No one discriminates for race or sexuality, in fact, everyone accepts it! It's a very loving community where no one is hated for trivial things such as race or sexuality, and anyone can be loved by who they are.
- High School Sophomore
- 3 months ago