Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Sports & FitnessB
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Northside College Preparatory High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign235Students
- Northwestern University195Students
- University of Chicago168Students
- University of Illinois at Chicago134Students
- Loyola University Chicago128Students
- University of Wisconsin126Students
- DePaul University125Students
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor109Students
- Stanford University95Students
- Yale University75Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.48 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.72 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.77 responses
- Very Good190
Academics and college readiness are top notch. Food is like any other Chicago public school nothing fancy but you can get delivery from other restaurants nearby. Culture is very liberal and smack you in the face liberal. If your a conservative it is often times best to keep it under wraps. Very LGBT friendly. Sometimes I think it is a little anti religious. We are definitely okay for resources. We have a 3D printer and personal chrome books. School safety is questionable sometimes as the bag checks are not every student but every few students. However I have never felt unsafe at Northside. I like the school and would definitely recommend to people.
- 2 days ago
Northside is nationally recognized for its rigorous and challenging academics, but it's so much more than that. Despite the competitive atmosphere, the students are supportive and encouraging. The teachers are willing to help outside of the classroom, and the faculty cares about the students' well-being. There are tons of clubs, extracurricular activities, and sports to get involved in. The school strives to help their community. Even the school is physically unique from other high schools; the hallways are decorated with student-made creations and art pieces, and there's a whole wing dedicated to their work. Overall, my experience at Northside has been great.
- 23 days ago
For every bad teacher you might have, there is a truly amazing teacher who will reignite the will to learn within you. The students are honestly what makes the school so great: most are committed to the betterment of the school and student body. I love that art is displayed in every open space. Our sports are pretty good, our clubs are excellent. The only thing we need is to stress less and receive more funding.
- High School Senior
- 1 month ago