Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Oswego East High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign102Students
- Waubonsee Community College98Students
- Northern Illinois University91Students
- Illinois State University82Students
- University of Illinois at Chicago82Students
- Aurora University70Students
- Loyola University Chicago67Students
- DePaul University56Students
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale56Students
- University of Iowa56Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.37 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.56 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.60 responses
- Very Good160
Over the four years that I have been a student, the dynamic of the school changed from year to year, even semester to semester. I have had four principals in my time causing things to be very different year to year. We went from having a principal that everyone loved, to having two principals that no one knew who they were, to having a principal that claims to be all about tradition, yet takes away our own traditions. I loved having the educational opportunities that I have had from going to the school. However, the curriculum changes every single year for every single subject. I had been told I couldn't take certain classes due to curriculum changes which prevented me from taking classes that I wanted to take when I wanted to take them. I think that overall though the school was amazing but really needs to establish a firm foundation when it comes to curriculums so that they don't change every year. Even graduation requirements are always changing.
- 9 days ago
East stands for excellence, academics, spirit, and tradition. At Oswego East High School academics come first. They provide good resources for academics and have an overwhelming amount of clubs and activities. Although, unfortunately we haven't had a lot of advancements while I've attend Oswego East ,due to the fact that I've had more than four principals and a change in superintendents during my four years. Consistency of administration will be advantageous to the students as well as the entire faculty.
- 19 days ago
I love the unity of the "wolf pack" at school. Most of the teachers are invested in their students' success inside the classroom and out. However, the majority of the focus is put on athletics, as well as financial support. The Fine Arts program struggles to find financial support. A lot of busy work homework is given instead of homework that actually pushes the students to learn more. I do not know of many cases of bullying, but there are a good amount of fights and other illegal activity off campus and on. There are, however, a lot of available classes and after school clubs and activities for students to get connected.
- 15 days ago