Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Oswego High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+118 Students
- C+110 Students
- B99 Students
- B+90 Students
- C+89 Students
- A+65 Students
- A-61 Students
- A58 Students
- B57 Students
- A56 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.39 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.39 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.44 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Data not available
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.63 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.65 responses
- Very Good150
I love Oswego High School! I am full of Panther Pride! Oswego has led me to success and excellence through challenging academics, competitive sports, and rewarding clubs. I enjoy the staff and sense of community at this school. GET INVOLVED! OHS is all about being involved in what you love and using that to meet friends and achieve success throughout your time here. There is truly a club for everyone here ranging from Student Council to Anime Club! OHS has a wonderful atmosphere and I thoroughly enjoyed my time here.
- 21 days ago
There are teachers at OHS that really care, but there are also teachers who seem to be there just for the paycheck. In some classes no cell phones are allowed(which is a school rule) in others the teachers let you be on the phone. There's too much inconsistency. My sister never dissected a frog in freshman biology because the teacher forgot to order the materials! Other biology classes spent three weeks on dissection. I wish there would have been more consistency in the teaching.
- High School Senior
- 10 months ago
AMAZING staff and faculty. There are, of course, one or two bad apples--but 5 out of 5 doesn't mean perfection, it just means unbelievably amazing! I loved my teachers. They taught in varied and applicable ways, they made themselves available to struggling students, they were fairly clear on grading practices and policies, and they genuinely cared. I loved this school, and it was amazing to be here.
- Niche User
- 11 months ago