Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Oviedo High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Central Florida412Students
- University of Florida217Students
- Florida State University199Students
- Seminole State College of Florida118Students
- University of South Florida115Students
- Florida Atlantic University80Students
- University of Miami71Students
- Seminole State College67Students
- Rollins College66Students
- University of North Florida56Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.57 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.66 responses
- Very Good156
Throughout these past 4 years, I have had an overall good experience. Most of my teachers taught very well and were very nice. Academics on the other hand became very stressful. There was too much homework which caused a lot of extra stress on myself. Stress has had a negative effect on me, and because of the amount of homework I received each night, it made it harder for me to want to keep pushing myself to succeed and want to move on to college. I think that Oviedo High School should be more aware of student's time and stress, and should rarely assign homework because the amount of hours we put in everyday during school alone is enough. If extra help is needed, there should be optional homework. Glad I could review. Go Lions!
- 23 days ago
Even though our arts programs are award-winning, they are constantly overlooked by our school administration. The students involved in our arts programs are not only talented in their individual arts, but in their academics as well. The teachers that truly care about the education of their students have been moving on to other schools or jobs so the students have been left with teachers who underestimate students or teachers that have no idea ho hard students are really pushing themselves nowadays. I love Oviedo High School and I will always be a Lion, but things are falling apart.
- 27 days ago
The teachers at Oviedo High School are excellent. I think their overall quality is the primary reason why we exceed in rankings. From different teaching styles to extensive knowledge, teachers take learning to the next level. I think most of the teachers really take an interest in students. I only say "most" because, as in every other school, there are always people who are average. Teachers that just focus on getting the job done. However, communication with both students and their parents is always carried out successfully. Grades are consistent, for the school regulates these strictly in terms of material graded and deadlines to uploading grades. It is teacher excellency that makes our school so great.
- Recent Alumnus
- 5 months ago