Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Palmdale High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- California State University - Northridge216Students
- University of California - Los Angeles175Students
- Antelope Valley College156Students
- University of California - Santa Barbara118Students
- University of Southern California114Students
- San Diego State University112Students
- California State University - Long Beach105Students
- University of San Diego104Students
- University of California - Irvine93Students
- University of California - San Diego87Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.46 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.72 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.87 responses
- Very Good155
The Health Careers Academy along with the F.A.S.T. Academy are great for students to explore careers in the medical and engineering fields. They show us the real hands-on duties that these careers face and we are familiarized with their environment from internships at hospitals and mechanic shops. Aside from the academies, I feel that some teachers don't prepare students for college level courses unless they take Advanced Placement classes, which not every student does. Overall my experience here was wonderful. The counselors and teachers are more than willing to help students with both personal and school problems.
- 1 month ago
I would like to see improvements in the classrooms, some classrooms are a bit run down. Most teachers are pleasant and give chances to improve your grade. There is definitely a lot of available resources that give you help in any subject you are struggling in. The counselors are always available, you can just walk into their office and they are happy to help. They have many lap top carts and the computer labs are available before school, both lunches, and afterschool so technology shouldn't be a problem. The lunch is okay not as bad as my previous high school and they have many options.
- 10 days ago
I love Palmdale high school because we have the best student involvement. There's amazing programs and clubs literally for anything you'd like to be a part of. We have Health Careers Academy, FFA, Falcons Garage, Solar Car, and so many more. This school knows how to make high school fun for you. I also think the help you receive from the teachers and the rest of the staff is fantastic.The teachers here make it really easy for you to build a strong teacher student relationship. I have many teachers that I know I can come to for help and resources and that's something I really appreciate.Many students have gone out to big schools from here and that was all with the help of the staff here. Overall, I think Palmdale High is a place that filled with opportunities to be the best you can be with the best support. The only thing I believe would make a good change here would to make a club for low income students to be able to get clothing or supplies for free.
- 2 months ago