Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B163 Students
- B-139 Students
- A-125 Students
- A+90 Students
- A-40 Students
- A-39 Students
- B+34 Students
- A+30 Students
- B30 Students
- A26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
- Very Good72
I love this school, everyone from teachers administrators and students are amazing! What makes this school different is all of diversity and acceptance there is. If its bad at home it wont be bad at school, we are truly one big family!
- 3 months ago
I love how diverse my school is no other school in Amarillo has the vast number of ethnic backgrounds as we do and its fascinating to learn about other cultures and religions that are walking through the halls of my high school. I enjoy going to a school that the faculty and staff are there for the students and not just there to receive a check monthly. The only thing I would want to change is the adversity that my school as a whole has to overcome we are seen as the "ghetto" school because we are on the north side of town. It isn't right that my school gets a label like that because are students don't come from high income families. We have the brightest, most respectful, and persevering students in any school and I will always defend my school no matter what. PaloDuro High School is a great school and always will be a great school.
- 2 months ago
Unfortunately, I had no choice but to attend this school. It is definitely not the school to go to if you plan on going to college and being more than just a high school graduate. Plenty of my teachers, advisers, and counselors did not care about my success. Many of my peers did not care about school and only caused problems. I would never recommend someone to go to this school.
- 1 month ago