Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC+
- Sports & FitnessB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Parkersburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- West Virginia University148Students
- Marshall University93Students
- West Virginia University at Parkersburg71Students
- Ohio State University48Students
- Ohio University38Students
- Fairmont State University25Students
- Marietta College24Students
- Ohio Valley University24Students
- West Virginia Wesleyan College17Students
- University of Charleston16Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
- Very Good63
The four years I attended Parkersburg High School were nothing but a good experience for me. The teachers are very friendly, and are very easy to talk to. The learning experience readied me for college the best it could. I didn't play any sports, and was not involved in any clubs. But that didn't stop me from enjoying the experience of high school. Once a Big Red always a Big Red.
- 7 days ago
I have had the benefit of moving through most of my classes with the same group of students since 6th grade. Being on an advanced track education wise, I am privileged to be with students who challenge me more than the teachers ever could. Their constant support and friendly competition has made my high school experience worth while and is one of the main reasons I still attend this school. Even with the large class sizes and sheer number of students attending Parkersburg High School, having a small group of likeminded individuals with me through this experience is very beneficial.
- High School Senior
- 4 months ago
The teachers are okay, but some are really great. There are a lot of students that get through by doing the bare minimum. Funding for music programs is nonexistent, and the sports teams are given more money than they deserve. Academic achievements are easily overlooked by teachers and administrators alike. Many sports coaches are not fit to be coaches, and even the band director does not put forth enough effort. While there are many downsides, PHS does offer more academic opportunities than other schools in the area because they have more ap courses to offer.
- High School Junior
- 6 months ago