Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Parkersburg South High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-143 Students
- B-107 Students
- C68 Students
- C+37 Students
- A-37 Students
- A+29 Students
- B29 Students
- C+24 Students
- B+23 Students
- C+20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
- Very Good104
My school is amazing. They have many unique activities. Every Friday we have clubs during third period. We also have the cafeteria doors unlocked on nice days so you have the option of going out on the front lawn during lunch. The principals go outside with us and pass football or just walk and talk. During the winter, we have karaoke Fridays during lunch in the auditorium. Every once in a while they will send around surveys for each class (freshmen, sophomore, junior, senior) to determine the top 5 favorite songs for each grade. Then, during class change, they play the song list over the intercom for the class that had the best attendance the week before. We also have "Anna's Army". A girl named Anna Gordon, who graduated last year, has a disease known as Friedreich's Ataxia. Her favorite color is purple so we dedicate one basketball game a year to her and everyone wears purple. Our community has many events raising money for Anna. She donates the money to an FA research program. She is a huge inspiration to our town. If I could do it all over, I would not change a thing. My school is the absolute best around!
- High School Senior
- 11 months ago
My high school experience was overall enjoyable. I was able to meet several new friends and was fortunate enough to be a member of the wrestling team. Parkersburg South High School is a large high school but the students are blessed to have teachers who care about them. If i was given the ability to change something about my high school it would be a more active guidance counselling center. I feel they could have done a much better job with preparing students and parents for the process of applying for college, scholarships, and financial aid. I also feel there should be programs for preparing for the ACT as many scholarships are based upon the score of this test.
- 3 months ago
Parkersburg South is a great school- but you have to be willing to take part in the great programs. I love the marching band and the crazy student section, and the different clubs and things going on at the school. But your average student who doesn't participate or get involved might think the school is bland because that's one of the best things about this school are the activities. The teachers really care about the students, their education, and their future. I am second generation to this school and this is our 50th year of existence. Definitely recommend.
- 3 months ago